Sponsored Programs Administrator I
Under the general direction of the Associate Director or designee, the Sponsored Programs Administrator I provides program support to principal investigators, administrators and staff regarding the timely completion of required documents for institutional approval of sponsored programs applications. The Sponsored Programs Administrator I will also provide direction and assistance in all sponsored programs processes while adhering to sponsor, institutional, state, and federal guidelines.Responsibilities
- Handle a standard project portfolio involving the life cycle of a grant from proposal to closeout
- Review and verify all aspects of sponsor and institutional forms related to applications/proposals and amendments.
- Assess award documents and recommend changes to ensure compliance with award terms and conditions, University policy, State and Federal laws and regulations
- Negotiate incoming and execute outgoing sub-awards. Audit sub-recipient status and debarment review
- Accountable for accurate demographic data, budget, and research compliance within electronic records
- Collaborate with post-award staff in account set-up of proposals, new awards and modifications to track and report awards and sub-award activity
- Disseminate changes in federal, state, and institutional policies, rules, and regulations and ensure organizational participation in compliance
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Research Administration, a related field, or equivalent experience
- 0-1 years of business-related experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and writing skills needed to present and communicate effectively with a diverse population of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated time management and problem-solving skills with ability to organize and prioritize workload, identify problem areas and take action to meet deadlines.
- Previous experience in an Institution of Higher Education working in Research Administration
- Familiar with OMB Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, And Audit Requirements for Federal Awards
- Familiarity with NIH Grants Policy Statement