Residency Program Administrator I
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the direction of the Residency Program Director, the Residency Program Administrator I provides operational management of the core residency program including recruitment, on-boarding, orientation, evaluation systems, data management and program accreditation. The Administrator implements and coordinates personnel and regulatory procedures for incoming, continuing and graduating residents.Responsibilities
- Serve as the initial contact for program matters and resource for program participants within UMMS, affiliated teaching sites and external regulatory agencies. Answer questions, evaluate and resolve minor problems, making referrals as appropriate.
- Manage recruitment and selection process. Conduct initial review of applications based on program criteria. Schedule interview days and responsible for all related communication. Staff ranking committee and may enter rank order list.
- Coordinate appointment, reappointment and termination of residents
- Coordinate with designee(s) training site rotation schedules, clinic schedules, electives and other assignments for program participates
- Complete required national and hospital surveys, collating and reporting program and trainee data. Ensure timely participation in various databases and programs including but not limited to Electronic Resident Application Systems, National Resident Matching Program, AMA and AAMC reporting and ACGME data tracking systems.
- Assist in the design and implementation of program evaluation systems and oversee compliance with UMMS and ACGME requirements for evaluation of residents, faculty, rotations and the program through a variety of evaluation tools. Provide training and support to participants and faculty. Retrieve and analyze evaluation data and prepare reports.
- Assist the Program Director with development of accreditation documents and institutional internal reviews and all related program correspondence
- Assist in the design and evaluation of program web site and recruitment materials, evaluate effectiveness of materials, recommend improvements, and maintain web site
- Assist with the preparation of required documentation and program letters of agreement for outside and visiting electives to ensure compliance with UMMS policies and procedures
- Plan and manage special events such as orientation, graduation, conferences, grand rounds, guest speakers, and other formal didactic events and maintain attendance reports
- Manage materials and documentation for specialty board certification. Prepare letters and verifications for Board eligibility and credentialing
- Manage program budget and accounting for resident expenditures
- May supervise secretarial support staff for programs and may supervise program participants in the performance of their administrative duties
- Perform other job related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in business or education, or equivalent experience
- 2 years experience in health care or academic setting
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and databases. Able to quickly learn additional software programs and web-based systems
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills with ability to set priorities and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Understanding of Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) requirements for assigned programs preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of personnel both internally and externally
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills