Clinical Research Assistant
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the supervision of the Principal Investigator or designee, the Clinical Research Assistant is responsible for performing delegated tasks and procedures involving human subjects in support of clinical research protocols.Responsibilities
- Assist PI in development of protocol-specific tools to aid in study documentation
- Assess eligibility of research subjects in accordance with the approved protocol and all applicable regulations including HIPAA
- Obtain patient consent and Human Subject Committee approvals for minimal-risk studies as delegated by IRB-approved protocol
- Collect, record, evaluate, update, and store/transport pertinent data and samples in relation to protocol
- Track study enrollment and completion of milestones
- Summarize research findings and prepare presentations
- Perform literature searches
- Schedule patient tests and/or interviews
- Conduct patient telephone follow up
- Stock, inventory, store, and order samples/supplies as needed to maintain appropriate operations
- Review medical records and medical record abstractions for consistency and completeness
- Comply with established policies, health and safety regulations and requirements, procedures, and department objectives
- Maintain patient and study subject confidentiality
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or health care field, or related experience
- Experience in using computer-based tools (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills required.
Applicants must be comfortable approaching patients in the ED and acute care setting.
Experience in healthcare setting, either clinical or research
- The applicant will be working on multiple projects so flexibility is a must.
- Off-site travel may be required within the Worcester area.