Job Title: TEMP-Lab/Research Support
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 226595
The Center for Education Integrating Science, Mathematics and Computing (CEISMC) is a unit within the Office of the Provost at Georgia Tech. CEISMC serves as the primary connection point between Georgia Tech faculty and students and the preK-12 STEM education community. CEISMC enhances PreK-12 and post-secondary STEM education by drawing upon the expertise and scholarly contributions of the Georgia Tech community. CEISMC advocates for and leads systemic changes to increase STEM interest and achievement for all students, especially those underrepresented in STEM. CEISMC’s research efforts allow for the identification and dissemination of evidence-based best practices in STEM education. For more information about CEISMC, please visit our website at ceismc.gatech.edu.Job Summary Provide support services in the operation and maintenance of an academic or research laboratory to include performing analyses; setup, operation, maintenance and cleaning of equipment; and maintaining stock of supplies. Specific duties will be determined based on assignment and unit needs. This position will interact on a consistent basis with: academic and/or research faculty members, staff and students This position typically will advise and counsel: lab users This position will supervise: NAJob Summary
Assist the CEISMC’s Educational Research & Evaluation and Innovations groups in conducting and reporting results of program evaluation. Includes coordination and organization of evaluation data through surveys and interviews and assist GoSTEAM program planning.
This position will interact on a consistent basis with research faculty, and K-12 school personnel.Responsibilities
Duties may include but are not limited to:
· Assisting with collecting research data through classroom observations, interviews, surveys, tests, etc.
· Compiling, organizing, and inputting research data in the form of K-12 student work, audio and videotaped interviews, surveys and test results.
· Assisting with conducting basic statistical analyses of quantitative research data.
· Participating in preparation of reports, presentations and manuscripts
· Assisting when needed with coordination and implementation of evaluation/data collection plans
· Assist with GoSTEAM program Planning
· Assist with GoSTEAM curriculum organization and preparing products
· Performing other related duties as assignedRequired Qualifications
High school diploma, GED Certificate or Vocational School Diploma
Up to two years of job related experience
Degrees required for this job: Undergraduate degree or Graduate Student Status
Years of experience required for this job: Two years job-related experienceKnowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Specialized skills required for this job:
· Highly organized with close attention to detail
· Working knowledge and experience with the principles and practices of social science research
· Working knowledge of STEM curriculum development and planning
· Skill in data organization, management and evaluation
· Understanding of basic statistics and experience with statistical analysis of data
· Basic Understanding of SPSS software
· Competence with Microsoft Excel and Word
Specialized skills preferred:
· Experience working in a research lab or group, especially working with human subjects and/or behavioral research.Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech provides equal opportunity to all faculty, staff, students, and all other members of the Georgia Tech community, including applicants for admission and/or employment, contractors, volunteers, and participants in institutional programs, activities, or services. Georgia Tech complies with all applicable laws and regulations governing equal opportunity in the workplace and in educational activities. Georgia Tech prohibits discrimination, including discriminatory harassment, on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status in its programs, activities, employment, and admissions. This prohibition applies to faculty, staff, students, and all other members of the Georgia Tech community, including affiliates, invitees, and guests.Other Information This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
This position does not require security clearance.Background Check
A background check is required for this position. You may be interacting with minors and must adhere to all regulatory compliance policies while working with CEISMC including but not limited to a criminal background check, appropriate pre-screening and training on working with minors.Other Information
The position will be available during summer 2021, starting June 1st, ending August 1st. This position is contingent upon funding.