Director of Financial Aid
Winston-Salem State University seeks an experienced, innovative leader to serve as the institution’s primary strategic expert on financial aid programs, service delivery, scholarship models, and comprehensive, collaborative financial aid strategy. This leader will join a diverse and committed team and serve as the designer and guide for the next chapter of financial aid excellence at WSSU.
WSSU seeks a leader who not only understands current financial aid best practices and benchmarking but who can leverage resources, technology, and training to take the department and university to the next level of achievement and innovation. The Director:
1. Serves as the institutional expert on strategic financial aid practices and administers an array of undergraduate and graduate financial aid strategies and programs (need-based, merit, hybrid) as well as policies and procedures that best support the institution’s enrollment objectives.
2. Contributes to the accomplishment of the enrollment management objectives of the University by recommending data-driven financial aid strategies within the framework of federal and state regulations that are consistent with those objectives and by administering financial aid, scholarship, and student employment programs that support student recruitment and retention that maintain program integrity and compliance at all levels.
3. Collaborates with other administrators under the leadership of the Assistant Vice Chancellor for Enrollment Management to formulate and administer a broad range of policies and procedures that advance the University’s enrollment goals based on a comprehensive understanding of those outcomes, expert knowledge of the federal legislative and regulatory environment, federal and institutional need analysis methodologies, and a keen understanding of the University’s place in a competitive environment.
4. Ensures compliance with NCAA and federal and state aid regulations by coordinating administration of NCAA Division II financial aid programs with the Office of Athletics.
5. Adheres to National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and Central Intercollegiate Athletics Association (CIAA) rules as communicated by the Athletics Director, particularly the Compliance Officer, related to dealings with student-athletes and Athletics Department personnel and reports any concerns or possible violations of those guidelines to the immediate supervisor.
6. Works seamlessly with the Directors of Undergraduate Admission and Graduate Admission in the recruiting and admissions process.