Project CoordinatorTracking Code729-674 Job Description
The project coordinator will be responsible to administer and deliver support for construction, renovation and maintenance projects of various size and magnitude, coordinate and manage in such a way to ensure scheduled completion of the projects within established budget, time and quality standards. Responsible for preparing, soliciting, monitoring and coordinating administrative functions as it relates to assigned projects to ensure the promptness and accuracy of the entire projects’ administration documents.
- Plan, organize, schedule, and supervise the activities and operations of assigned construction projects and report on the progress.
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis.
- Review contract drawings, specifications, and submittals.
- Generate and manage project schedule based on individual tasks.
- Coordinate with construction and facilities operations staff throughout the planning, design, construction, and commissioning of the project; coordinate project planning with other entities within and outside of facilities such as: Information Technology, One Card, Parking, Safety and Campus Space Planning and Allocation.
- Manage project closeout and procedures; update pre-punch lists, secure warranties, guarantees, operation and maintenance manuals, and any other documentation which may be required under the terms of the contract documents and in accordance with the standard procedures.
- Develop a direct, personal, positive and collaborative working relationship with other departments, faculty and staff and outside consultants, contractors and vendors.
- Track and report risks, issues, and accomplishments; identify roadblocks to progress and take steps to remove them.
- Assist in standardizing process for project intake and close out documentation to facilitate proper project funding and review from the start and then transition to operations upon completion.
- Assist in project estimating and budgeting.
- Assist in developing contractor orientation and safety programs in conjunction with the university safety manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Support implementation of the campus master plan.
- Support the creation of a campus wide space plan as it relates to space inventory and space condition assessment.
- Support functions related to campus building assessments and data in relation to deferred maintenance and costs.
Knowledge and Skills:
- B.S. degree in engineering, construction management or equivalent experience.
- 5 or more years of experience in managing construction projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at various stages of design and construction.
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines and work under pressure.
- Coordinate and inspect work of outside contractors.
- Work individually, in teams, and with diverse groups in managing projects.
- Ability to read and interpret architectural and engineering drawings.
- Familiarity with Microsoft office products and project management software scheduling.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and pass all University driving requirements to drive a University vehicle.
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) is preferred.
- Experience in college/university environment is preferred.
Successful applicants will demonstrate a commitment to cultural diversity and the ability to work with individuals or groups from diverse backgrounds.
Employment at Valparaiso University will require a criminal background check.
To be considered for this position you must upload:
- Cover letter
- List of 3 professional references
- Answer all the application questions
Please address cover letter to:
Jason Kutch, Executive Director of Facilities
Valparaiso, IN 46383Job Location Valparaiso, Indiana, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular