Senior EOP Counselor
SENIOR COUNSELORCampus Title:
Senior EOP CounselorSchool/Division:
Student Affairs, Division ofDepartment:
Educational Opportunity Program OfficeStaff Sub-Type:
Staff & AdministrationSalary Level:
MId to upper $50'sPosition Effort:
Serve as a counselor to Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) students. Within the scope of training and/or experience, counseling and advising services may include: personal counseling, career counseling, financial counseling, pre-withdrawal and/or pre leave of absence counseling, and pre-transfer counseling. Academic advisement, for all new and continuing students is an essential task.Major Responsibilities:
- Maintain appropriate liaison with the Learning Center, relevant academic departments to assist with tutoring needs, and advise which courses present particular challenge to students so EOP can seek/provide support.
- Maintain periodic contact with program students (one on one is most encouraged, otherwise electronically) at least twice per semester (more often if appropriate) so as to insure the EOP supportive services (counseling, advising and tutoring) are being appropriately and effectively offered to and utilized by students.
- Maintain written and electronic records kept in a form easily translated to formats needed for SUNY System Administration’s required reports or program operation. This includes updating the current roster, student status and majors.
- Participate in the design and implementation of the required pre-freshman Summer Institute. This includes, but is not limited to, attending to the new student advisement, the arranging of summer workshops, the detailing of the Summer Institute schedule, and the participation in the Summer Institute course delivery.
- Assist in the development and delivery in COR 101: The Cortland Experience course.
Assist the director with the admissions process.
- Assist with the financial aid process for all EOP students.
- Represent positively, the program, both on and off campus.
- Assist the director in the compilation of periodic reports and assessment of the program.
Reports to the EOP Director.Required Qualifications:
- Masters Degree.
- Two (2) years of experience in a counseling position.
- Experience in the field of Opportunity and Access.
- Demonstrated familiarity with underprepared students and their experience.
- Master’s degree in counseling, psychology or closely related field.
- Five (5) years of experience in a counseling position.
- Bi-lingual with a fluency in Spanish.
The State University of New York College at Cortland is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act (AA/EEO/ADA) employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.Posting Number:
S20052Review Start Date:
04/01/2021Open Until Filled:
YesQuick Link for Direct Access to Posting: