Adjunct Training Instructor Location:
System Office-Atlanta Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Part-Time Job ID:
The University System of Georgia (USG) is one of the nation’s largest and leading public higher education systems. The USG is committed to creating a more educated Georgia that is prepared for the global, knowledge economy by increasing degree completion, ensuring academic excellence, spurring research and creativity, driving business creation, and making effective and efficient use of resources. The USG will accelerate our state’s higher education commitment to educational attainment, accountability, partnerships, performance, value, and global competitiveness. Our organizational core values are founded upon the principles of Integrity, Excellence, Accountability, and Respect.
The Georgia Film Academy (GFA) is a collaborative effort of the University System of Georgia and the Technical College System of Georgia. GFA addresses the workforce needs of the growing Film and TV Production Industry. Our mandate is to create training programs for Georgians, prepare workers for entry-level positions on the sets of Film and TV productions, and help integrate qualified students into the film production workforce.
In order to accomplish this task, the GFA is developing a pool of qualified instructors to teach classes at our four-year and two-year institutions, as well as industry partnership locations.
The GFA will provide a specific course outline/structure, materials, training, and mentoring. The classes will be facilitated with a package of professional-level equipment and taught in an appropriate classroom and demonstration space.
Please visit www.georgiafilmacademy.org for information and insights about the GFA Program. Apply via the University System of Georgia career portal at http://www.usg.edu/hr/jobs/.
- Manage courses through systematic use of syllabi
- Keep accurate records of students’ class performance, attendance, and grades
- Adopt and implement common course objectives
- Participate in assessment of student learning outcomes.
- Deep knowledge in a variety of production crafts
- Teaching experience.
- College degree preferred
- More than 5 years of work experience on professional film production, post-production, or Digital Entertainment & Esports environments, depending on the content teaching as an adjunct
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- The On-Set production processes (Locations and Stage)
- Electric/Lighting (basic equipment and procedures)
- Grip/Rigging (basic equipment, dolly operation, tripods and track)
- Sound (boom operation and general concepts of recording)
- Art Department (fundamentals of set decorator, set dressing and props)
- Hair, Make-up, Wardrobe (general concepts, workflow, on-set procedures)
- Locations (management, logistics, paperwork, scouting)
- Camera (general operation, shot composition, 2nd Assistant Camera)
- On-set and Office Production Assistant (work ethics, protocols, tasks, etc…)
- Digital Entertainment & Esports
- General Set Etiquette and Procedures (terminology, general safety, call sheets, start paperwork, time cards, typical shooting day, wrap, etc.)
- Knowledge sufficient to thoroughly understand the diverse functions of delivering instruction in higher education
- Skill in communication of instruction
- Organizational skills and ability to maintaining accurate record