Financial Aid Services Manager
Job Title: Financial Aid Services Manager
Location: System Office- Sandersville
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 226357
The Financial Aid Services Manager reports to the USG Shared Services Center and is responsible for assisting with the strategic leadership, development and management of centralized financial aid services. This position will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing the practices, policies, tools and analytics to administer, track and report on federal, state and private financial aid awards and programs. This position is also focused on ensuring the efficient, effective, and compliant administration of the USG’s federal, state, and private funds.
This position supports and participates on a team that focuses on best practice/standards for project management, customer support, organization, continuous improvement, and key information technology components. Position activities include project management, implementation and change management, system requirements definition, service management, reporting and analysis, information management, marketing and communications, and professional development.Responsibilities Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Implement, provide strategic direction, and play a key role in the scope definition, design and build of the shared services financial aid function including process and technology implementation.
Coordinate/manage the development of scope of services for Financial Aid centralization activities
Establish and manage implementation effort by defining project plan and ensuring organizational execution against the defined workplan, and effectively communicating project status to leadership
Identify and initiate teams to establish policy, integrate applications, establishing invoicing, test configuration and interface, train end users and to communicate to internal and external audiences
Coordinate, facilitate and document meetings for policy, technology, communication, training, testing and other appropriate committees
- Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years relevant experience including at least 2 years at a manager level
- Direct experience within a university Financial Aid Office
- MBA preferred; NAFSAA certification a plus
- Higher ed experience preferred
- Previous experience implementing and/or managing financial aid services in a shared service model, one stop shop is preferred. Significant process/technology improvement experience is preferred.
- Any equivalent combination of the above necessary to demonstrate requisite abilities
- Strong understanding of the principles of need-based aid and methodologies (Federal and institutional) as well as Title IV Financial Aid Regulations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities/projects and changing demands while being responsive to end user needs
- Competency and experience in managing multiple cross functional, complex projects and initiatives; project management skills to include portfolio prioritization, issue and risk identification and management, change management, tracking dependencies and milestones, and communication of overall project status
- Extremely detail-oriented, with strong interpersonal and collaborative work style and ability to develop effective working relationships and demonstrate commitment to team environment.
- Excellent organizational and decision-making skills
- Experience with consolidated service desk people, process, and technology tools configuration
- Experience addressing and managing issues and escalations effectively and timely
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to sell/market new ideas or changes, facilitate large groups, and present/explain complex information
- Experienced with managing and facilitating large-scale organizational change
- Ability to prioritize, set goals and objectives, and follow-through to completion for managed team and self