Chief Administrative Officer
Job location: Medical Center (Charlottesville, VA)
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-04-27
The Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) oversees, directs, and coordinates initiatives and projects of strategic importance to the Medical Center. The CAO will work on a broad range of activities, providing support and leadership on short and long-term projects and will serve as a member of the CEO’s senior leadership team.
- Oversees and leads the implementation of operational initiatives and organizational priorities.
- Works closely with the Medical Center senior leadership team to ensure projects and initiatives are executed on time, on budget, and with the highest quality.
- Oversees and leads key operational initiatives to improve efficiency, patient and provider experience.
- Understands and follows legal, governmental, and HR rules and regulations that impact implementation of key initiatives.
- Develops metrics and tracking outcomes of key projects and initiatives, ensuring coordination, communication, and follow through across the Medical Center.
- Serves as a senior advisor to the CEO, providing information, interpretation, and counsel to the CEO on key issues and initiatives.
- Resolves issues and requests referred to the CEO’s office by leadership or faculty, staff. The CEO meets with concerned parties to discuss requests or complaints and determines the best course of action for effective resolution, involving the CEO as needed.
- Solves difficult problems and communicates to key stakeholders in a collaborative, creative and thoughtful manner
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree required.
Experience: Ten years of progressive senior-executive leadership experience with extensive knowledge of current healthcare administration principles and practices. Extensive experience in clinical operations, resource management and customer service excellence. Prior experience within medium/large complex integrated delivery systems and/or academic medical center.
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require traveling some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.