Medical Office Assistant, Student Health and Wellness
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-05-04
The UVA Department of Student Health and Wellness is currently recruiting for a full-time Medical Office Assistant to provide administrative support to its medical professional personnel. The Medical Office Assistant is responsible for the management of patient and other files and serves as the front-line contact for patients and visitors by addressing concerns over the phone and greeting them in person. They may obtain insurance information and authorization, as well as may schedule appointments and laboratory tests. They perform assigned work under supervision.
• Maintain office files of patient records, reports, correspondence, and miscellaneous information in an organized, detailed, and accurate fashion.
• Operate general office machines and use computer applications, such as word processing, copy machines, calculators, and transcription equipment.
• Promptly answer telephone calls, screen calls, and respond to routine questions in accordance with instructions of medical professional personnel.
• Serve as receptionist for office by professionally greeting patients, making appointments or proper referrals according to instructions and procedures, and preparing documents and materials for clinics or patient admissions.
• Monitor a calendar of appointments for one or more medical professional personnel, preparing materials and bringing pertinent items and dates to attention as requested.
• Organize incoming and outgoing mail and documents in a timely fashion.
• Perform other related administrative duties as needed.
• In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Four years of medical office experience is preferred. The anticipated hiring range for this position is $15-18/hour, commensurate with qualifications and experience. PROCESS FOR INTERNAL UVA APPLICANTS: Please search "find jobs" and search for Requisition R0023991. PROCESS FOR EXTERNAL UVA APPLICANTS: Please visit UVA job board https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs, search for R0023991, complete the application and attach a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, address). Please be sure to upload each document required: cover letter, resume and contact information for three references. Multiple documents can be uploaded into the "Resume" box. Incomplete applications will not be given full consideration. Preference given to applications received by May 10, 2021. For information about the position or the application process, contact Michele Jarman, email@example.com.
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require traveling some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.