Registrar Systems Analyst (UPDATED)
Office of the RegistrarDepartment Website Link:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
Please note: This position is now open for all applicants, not only internal, to apply to.
As a member of the Office of the Registrar, the Registrar Systems Analyst is responsible for a portfolio of systems, reporting responsibilities, and projects to facilitate and drive continuous improvements and on-going maintenance of systems utilized and supported by the Office of the Registrar.
The Systems and Operations team supports and enables all functions within the Office of the Registrar and works collaboratively with technology partners and campus constituents to maintain and support the Student Information System and related systems. The team is responsible for the implementation of strategic processes and technological enhancements to improve the student experience and the academic and enrollment operations of the University.
The Office of the Registrar is responsible for the accuracy and integrity of the academic record. Serving all students, faculty, academic units, and student support functions; the Office is charged with the implementation of academic and student policies and their alignment to state and federal regulations and accreditation standards. The Office strives to be a leader and thought partner in creating efficient processes that are designed in a way that supports student success and service excellence.
Outstanding UA benefits include health,dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs;paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for theemployee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans;access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovativework-life programs. For more information about working at the University ofArizona and relocation services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide business analyst functions, such as soliciting requirements, writing functional design specifications, developing test scripts, and implementing solutions
- Works with cross-functional teams to determine feasible solutions for complex business process or system issues.
Assist with the creation and maintenance of communications, business process guides, project documentation and training materials
- Responsible for data tasks and analysis, including external and annual reporting
- Create queries and perform data analysis to identify, measure and document system outputs
- Troubleshoot technical issues, identify root causes, resolve bugs and errors within substantially different software programs
- Update and configure PeopleSoft, On Base, Ad Astra and other software solutions
- Create and maintain 3Cs communications
- Showcases exceptional critical thinking skills and is able to take on new challenges and learn new techniques quickly when needed
- Monitors the efficiency and effectiveness of operations and assesses compliance with “best practices,” defined standards, and relevant regulatory requirements
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of higher education student record policies and procedures, including National Student Clearinghouse reporting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and able to adapt to continuous change
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through experience required
- Up to 1 year of relevant work experience required
- Working experience with relational databases
- Practical experience managing multiple tasks
- Master’s degree
- Direct work experience in student records, information technology, or higher education business office
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Information TechnologyBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
7Career Stream and Level:
IT Business AnalysisJob Function:
Information TechnologyType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
5/10/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
4/16/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.