Job location: University Campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-04-28
Job Description SummaryProvide administrative, professional and operational support to the Senior Vice President.Job DescriptionDUTIES AND TASKS:
- Provide administrative support to the office of the senior vice president.
- Prepare correspondence, memos, policy drafts, forms etc.
- Handle extremely confidential information, sensitive topics and conversation.
- Prepare reports and presentations related to the work of the division and related projects.
- Manage the calendar of the senior vice president including navigating schedule conflicts, recurrent meetings, development of agendas and minutes, conducting follow-up.
- Assist with budget management and prepare divisional monthly budget reports.
- Process invoices and requisitions related to divisional activities including major construction projects.
- Make travel arrangements and prepare expense reimbursements.
- Order and maintain office supplies.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail.
- Establish and maintain permanent divisional files.
- Screen and route calls as appropriate.
- Work with fellow support staff to meet the division’s overall goals and needs.
- Assist with Board of Trustees Committee meetings.
- Handle special projects and other duties as assigned by the Senior Vice President.
- Bachelor’s degree and experience in administrative assistant capacity or closely related field.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures.
- Knowledge of software/applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe.
- Strong management, organizational, and customer relations skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, discretion, and confidentiality.
- Detail oriented, able to multitask and juggle multiple high priority demands.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Candidate must demonstrate professionalism, excellent judgement, and maturity.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.
Why Work at Saint Leo?
What it’s Like to Work Here: Ask our employees and the one word they’d use to describe working at Saint Leo University is “Community.” Our team members all share the Saint Leo core values, positive attitudes, and problem-solving abilities, enabling them to provide excellent student centered service. Our mission is educating and preparing students for life and leadership in a challenging world. Thank you for your interest in joining the Saint Leo PRIDE!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Saint Leo, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Available benefits based on employment status (Full Time vs Part Time).
- Inclusive Group Health Plan (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Group Health Plan features include Teledoc, Surgery Plus!, Wellness Incentive Program, Nationwide Pet Insurance, just to name a few!
- Health Reimbursement Account (University Paid!) and Flexible Spending Accounts (healthcare and dependent options)
- Tuition Remission (Employee, Spouse, and Dependents)*
- Tuition Exchange opportunity for dependent of employees*
- Paid Personal Leave (Sick, Vacation, Holidays)
- 403b - Annual match 3%-9% of pay based on employee’s contribution. University match and fully vested within one month of hire date.
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance valued at 30k (University Paid!)
- Income Protection Benefits after one year
- Additional options for supplemental insurance
*Eligibility based on meeting required service period