DHTS Application Analyst -MyChart/Medlink
Duke Health Technology Solutions is a robust, specialized division of Duke University Health System dedicated to the development and management of enterprise IT systems. A 2018 ‘Most Wired’ health system, Duke is nationally recognized for IT and information management as the first healthcare system to achieve the Davies Award – highest honor by the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) – for inpatient, ambulatory and analytics health information technology capabilities. Our employees are among the top-skilled IT experts in the Triangle and partner with leading scholars, clinicians and researchers across Duke University and Duke Health to develop innovative technologies that support our mission of delivering tomorrow's healthcare today.
The Maestro Care (MC) MyChart analyst works across three distinct yet interrelated products, Community Connect, MyChart, & EpicCare Link, to deliver a comprehensive and streamlined experience to Duke University Health System (DUHS) patients and community provider partners as they daily interact with us on their healthcare needs. The successful analyst in this role is responsible for application build, test and validation, product deployment and daily operational maintenance. The team works cross functionally with other MC application teams in turn ensuring the overall function of the DUHS Electronic Health Record (EHR). In this role, teamwork, collaboration, and drive are essential. Prospective applicants can find greater detail on each product at www.epic.com.
In addition to the duties described for Level 1, the Level 2 analyst will:
- Liaise between MyChart and other Maestro Care application teams to ensure the smooth deployment and functioning of supported application; consults with Epic Technical Service support as warranted
- Assist in the build and execution of other MC application teams where those applications intersect with MyChart. Build support includes consultation and interpretation of clinical workflow, application build to support desired functionality, test, validation, ushering through change process to deployment, and other tasks
- Advise and assist with educational issues, including cross-training of team members, end-users and DHTS Service Desk via face-to-face, telephonic, and other training modalities
- Serve in the capacity of MC MyChart application expert for core application functionality
- Assist in the design and specification of bug-fixes to ensure they meet the needs of the Duke environment, as well as participate in design sessions and review of specifications for new features and enhancements in the Maestro Care EHR
- Develop and maintain test plans for new features ahead of planned releases
- Provide both business and after hours on-call support for issues pertaining to production as assigned
- Works closely with MC report writing teams to ensure accurate completion assigned operational and regulatory reporting needs
Position requires Epic proficiency and/or certification in a relevant Epic application module. If candidate is not certified at time of employment certification must be obtained within a stated timeframe as agreed upon and documented with manager but generally within the first six (6) months at most.
In addition to the duties described for the Level 2, the Level 3 will:
May function as a technical leader, either as a subject matter expert with proficiency in defined area(s) of the profession, or as a generalist, with a broad knowledge of all aspects of the profession.
May function as a team leader, responsible for supporting management in day-to-day personnel oversight and workflow management activities.
May conduct continuing education sessions and new employee training.
Leads discovery sessions that document requirements and workflows, and proposes build to address customer needs.
Optimizes departmental and interdisciplinary resources to maximize team.
Has a leadership role in the evaluation and revision of existing information systems.
Coordinates and operationalizes complex projects.
**Preference for multi-lingual analyst, Spanish speaking if possible. **
Required Qualifications at this Level
Bachelor's degree in a related clinical or technical field, or four years of equivalent technical experience required.
Certification in an area of application support of a technical or support nature preferred.
In addition to the requirements described for the Level 2, the Level 3 requires:
Certification in an area of application support of a technical or support nature strongly preferred.
Experience: Level 2 - Two years of related experience is required.
Level 3 - Four years of related experience is required.
In addition to the KSAs described for the Level 2 will demonstrate:
Knowledge of project management to manage deliverables
Designing specifications for information systems
Implementation of information systems
Maintenance of information systems
Quality assurance (may be required)
Adult learning and training methods (may be required)
In addition to the KSAs described for the Level 2, the Level 3 will demonstrate: Ability to lead discovery sessions
Advanced technical consultation and support
Ability to design complex information systems
Implementation of complex information systems
Contract negotiation theory (may be required)
Job Code: 00003839 DHTS APPLICATION ANALYST
Job Level: CD
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.