Registrar & Program Coordinator
Permanent Staff (SHRA)Is this an internal only recruitment?:
University Program Associate - ContributingWorking Title:
Registrar & Program CoordinatorPosition Number:
P012684Budgeted Hiring Range:
$33,482-$37,000Pay Band Information:
To learn more about the pay band for this branch and role, please see the Career Banding rates spreadsheet.Salary Grade Equivalent:
Full-Time Time-LimitedIf time-limited, estimated duration of appointment:
3 yearsHours per week:
Saturday; varies, occasionally
Sunday; varies, occasionally
Weekday; Evenings occasionally
NC Botanical Garden-525000Date First Posted:
Chapel Hill, NCPosition Posting Category:
The North Carolina Botanical Garden (NCBG) has been a leader in native plant conservation, horticulture, and education in the southeastern United States for more than 50 years. As part of The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, we further the University’s tripartite teaching, research, and public service mission through our own mission to inspire understanding, appreciation, and conservation of plants and to advance a sustainable relationship between people and nature.
NCBG is committed to creating an environment in our gardens and natural areas where everyone’s voice is heard and everyone feels safe and welcome. As a garden focused on conserving the biodiversity of southeastern native plants, we recognize that just as biodiversity is critical to a healthy ecosystem, diversity in people and perspectives makes our organization and community stronger.Equal Opportunity Employer:
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.Position Description:
THIS IS A TIME LIMITED POSITION
The Registrar & Program Coordinator serves as process and resource expert for a campus-wide program and coordinates day-to-day operations of all NCBG programs, including:
• managing and maintaining all aspects of education department scheduling, registration, and event calendar;
• general coordination of NCBG programs and events including, but not limited to, classes, courses, lectures, workshops, certificate programs, hikes/tours, special events;
• providing customer service to NCBG program instructors and participants;
• maintaining NCBG compliance with UNC policies and procedures relevant to our programs, fee structures, and independent contractors;
• overseeing NCBG virtual webinar license, virtual program scheduling, virtual moderation, and technical support;
• working with the NCBG communications team and outside organizations (e.g. ASBA, APGA) to promote and market education programs;
• maintaining business records and accounts including managing program outcomes and evaluation data and tracking and reporting program income, expenses, and participation;
• problem-solving routine education program process and procedural issues;
• coordination and administration of education facilities including ensuring instructors have access to classrooms and available A/V resources; and
• inventory and maintenance of education program resources including, but not limited to, A/V and other equipment, e.g., projectors, laptops, microscopes, cameras, books, tables, chairs.
Requires flexibility to work weekends and some evenings to ensure an excellent visitor experience for our program participants and instructors. The selected candidate will be required to undergo a background check prior to being hired.Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.Essential Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
The work, at times, is fast-paced and communication needs are constant, therefore experience providing excellent customer-service to the public and handling multiple events/activities at one time is required. The candidate must be able to demonstrate advanced technological literacy with computer software and other technology, strong problem-solving and organizational skills, and excellent written and verbal communication abilities.
The position requires a high level of organization, so a thorough and detail-oriented work style and strong time and task management skills are essential to the position. The ideal candidate is self-motivated and detail-oriented.
The ability to remain flexible and maintain a positive attitude with co-workers and the public within a changing environment of programming and scope of responsibilities is a must.
The ideal candidate must possess a strong commitment to the NCBG mission and a dedication to supporting organizational diversity, equity and inclusion goals.Preferred Qualifications:
Preference will be given to candidates with experience as a registrar for education programs and events, experience with Learning Stream or other registration management software, and experience with program coordination and administration, such as scheduling, marketing, record-keeping, managing registration systems, using survey software, etc.
Other preferred experience includes the following:
• Experience as a nonformal educator or working in an education environment.
• Experience managing and/or trouble-shooting classroom, virtual and/or A/V software and equipment, e.g., Zoom Meeting, Zoom Webinar, Padlet.
• Experience supporting online education programs using Zoom, as a moderator and/or technical support provider.
• Experience editing Zoom videos to meet professional and organizational graphic standards.
• Experience working with and/or training volunteers and/or work-study students.
• Experience supporting implementation of organizational diversity, equity and inclusion goals.
Additional professional or lived experience that demonstrates added capacity to fulfill the position’s responsibilities will also be considered.Special Physical and Mental Requirements:
Able to move 40 pounds with or without an accommodationPosition/Schedule Requirements:
Evening work occasionally, Night work occasionally, Weekend work occasionallyStimulus/ARRA Funded: