Clinical Assistant Professor of Veterinary Dentistry and Oral Surgery
PG190878EPInternal Recruitment :
Clinical Assistant Professor of Veterinary Dentistry and Oral SurgeryAnticipated Hiring Range:
Commensurate with experience and credentials.Work Schedule:
Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm with flexibility to meet unit needsJob Location:
Raleigh, NCDepartment :
Dept of Clinical SciencesAbout the Department:
The Department of Clinical Sciences is dedicated to excellence in educating and training veterinarians and comparative biomedical scientists, furthering health care and wellness through discovery and clinical research, providing outstanding and compassionate medical care to a diverse range of animal patients, effectively engaging animal-owning public, government and industry partners, and providing leadership in integrating biomedical sciences to advance One Health.
The department provides learning opportunities within the four-year veterinary curriculum and through continuing education for practitioners. Within the Veterinary Hospital, faculty and staff provide care for patients, teach veterinary students, and provide advanced training for interns and residents.
Faculty are very active in research programs to improve the health and welfare of animals and people. The Comparative Biomedical Sciences graduate program allows graduate students to focus their research in the areas of cell biology, infectious diseases, pharmacology, pathology, and population medicine. Other graduate programs with which departmental faculty are affiliated include programs in immunology, physiology, toxicology and functional genomics.
The successful candidate will work alongside a specialty boarded veterinary dental technician in this TWO dentist service. Interact with other services in the veterinary hospital including anesthesia, small animal primary care, exotics, soft tissue and orthopedic surgery, nutrition, and cardiology. There is a dedicated two table dental suite with mounted radiography. A Cone beam CT is located in the dental suite and there is access to 64 slice CT and MRI on premises. In addition, there is access to a dedicated 4 table teaching laboratory, complete with nitrogen powered machines and radiography. Interaction is constant between the small animal primary care service and teaching laboratories. This is an established dentistry service seeing approximately 12 cases per week.
The college is committed to practicing inclusivity, making community a priority and promoting innovation. We embrace effective leadership and we champion personal and professional growth.Essential Job Duties:
- The Clinical Assistant Professor of Veterinary Dentistry and Oral Surgery will provide clinical dental/oral surgery services and related teaching in the Health and Wellness Center, as well as providing didactic teaching and laboratory instruction in veterinary dentistry. This position will also maintain a robust clinic service within the Veterinary Hospital.
- The Clinical Assistant Professor of Veterinary Dentistry and Oral Surgery will join a supportive, highly collaborative research group. Clinical research and scholarly activities (i.e., small animal/exotic dentistry) are expected. The chosen candidate will participate in continuing education, public relations, and College of Veterinary Medicine committees as time permits.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- DVM (or equivalent degree) and completion of at least 2 years of an AVDC (preferred) or EVDC residency required.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work with others in a collegial team atmosphere.
- Aptitude for, or experience in teaching and mentoring veterinary students and residents.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds with or without reason accommodations.
- Diplomate status in the American Veterinary Dental College or European Veterinary Dental College.
- Eligibility for veterinary licensure (or faculty certification) in North Carolina.
NoCommercial Driver's License required:
NoJob Open Date:
04/05/2021Anticipated Close Date:
Open Until Closed.Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Applications should include a letter of intent outlining goals candidate has as a faculty member, a current curriculum vitae, and contact information for three references.
Non-Tenure-Track FacultyFull Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
12 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Non Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Non Mandatory - Emergency EventIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
195001 - Dept of Clinical SciencesAA/EOE:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.