UTS - Temporary Warehouse Driver at NC State
TemporaryEssential Job Duties:
Primary duties will include but are not limited to:
- Safely operating a university box truck with the responsibility of picking up surplus property items and re-delivering freight.
- Reviewing all pick-up and delivery requests daily, and scheduling to optimize box truck routes for the most efficient use of resources.
- Developing and maintaining effective positive working relationships both within and outside the immediate work unit.
- Dealing calmly and professionally with difficult situations and handling complaints respectfully.
- Responsible for keeping weekly maintenance and mileage logs.
- Documenting all mechanical concerns associated with the assigned truck and coordinating the necessary repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Bringing concerns to the attention of the immediate supervisor.
- Unloading trucks and separating items based on resale value, size, and recyclable content.
- Assisting in keeping the warehouse areas safe, clean, and organized.
- Assisting with customer service duties including answering the phones.
NoJob City & State:
Raleigh, North CarolinaClassification Title:
Temporary Administrative AssistantWorking Title:
UTS - Temporary Warehouse Driver at NC StateWork Schedule:
Monday-Friday, 7:30 am to 4:30 pmMinimum Experience/Education:
High school diploma or equivalency; or demonstrated possession of the competencies necessary to perform the work.Department Required Skills:
- Valid NC Driver’s License.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Organizational skills required to create daily deliver/pick-up routes.
- Map reading skills required.
- Must possess the skills to make sound judgments.
- Ability to lift 50 to 100lbs safely and repetitively with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to answer questions for campus customers.
- Articulate ideas clearly with all levels of coworkers and customers in order to achieve a level of understanding and to arrive at a desired outcome/goal.
- Basic safety knowledge and understanding of how and when to use prescribed safety measure.
- Understands the appropriate use of vehicles and warehouse spill kit materials.
- One to two years of vehicle operation experience.
- Forklift and reach truck experience.
- 1-2 years of warehouse or stockroom experience.
A valid NC Driver’s License is required.Valid NC Driver's License required?:
YesCommercial Driver's License Required?:
NoAnticipated Hiring Range:
$16.00-$18.00 an hour, DOEJob Open Date:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.