Program SpecialistPosition Type:
EP - EHRA 12 mo leave earningUniversity Information:
UNC Greensboro, located in the Piedmont Triad region of North Carolina, is 1 of only 57 doctoral institutions recognized by the Carnegie Foundation for both higher research activity and community engagement. Founded in 1891 and one of the original three UNC System institutions, UNC Greensboro is one of the most diverse universities in the state with 20,000+ students, and 3,000+ faculty and staff members representing 90+ nationalities. With 17 Division I athletic teams, 85 undergraduate degrees in over 125 areas of study, as well as 74 master’s and 32 doctoral programs, UNC Greensboro is consistently recognized nationally among the top universities for academic excellence and value, with noted strengths in health and wellness, visual and performing arts, nursing, education, and more. For additional information, please visit uncg.edu and follow UNCG on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.Primary Purpose of the Organizational Unit:
The Center for Youth, Family, and Community Partnerships engages in partnerships for healthy children and families by bridging research, policy, and practice. The Center’s mission is to build the capacity of families, service providers, researchers, teachers, and communities to ensure the health and well-being of children and youth.Position Summary:
The person filling this position will provide training and local coaching support in the implementation of High Fidelity Wraparound to sites including but not exclusive to Tiered Care Coordination pilot sites and SOC sites. This position includes training, coaching, and organizational support. The position will be stationed from home with frequent travel to UNCG and statewide.Minimum Qualifications:
- A master’s degree in social work, psychology, counseling, or education or a Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, counseling, education, or related with 2 years experience working with children, youth, and/or families is required.
- At least three (3) years of experience in providing an evidence-based behavioral health model or intervention, or Child and Family Team training or facilitation, or experience in supporting youth and/or family in accessing services, understanding family-driven care, and participation in HFW Wrap/CFT meetings.
- Served as a Family Partner in NC, Credentialed as a Family Support Partner (FSP) or Youth Support Partner (YSP) on an HFW Team or a Certified Family Peer Specialist (CFPC) through the National Federation of Families, and therefore has firsthand experience with accessing and/or receiving services from the child-serving system.
- Experience in providing training from the youth or family perspective to others, particularly in behavioral health, child welfare, juvenile justice, or other related areas and family-driven care.
- Experience in the direct provision or oversight of children’s mental health services; direct involvement as a caregiver of a child directly involved in children’s mental health services or a child/youth/young adult directly involved in the child serving system in the past (Child Welfare, Mental Health, Juvenile Justice).
- Knowledge of implementation science and experience in using that knowledge to successfully implement evidence-based interventions in multiple communities.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively by demonstrating professional, ethical, and respectful behavior.
- Uses data to problem-solve and develop a continuous quality improvement process across systems and supports how other Implementation Specialists utilize data in their work with sites.
- Leadership, coaching, and teambuilding skills.
- Ability to manage conflict and works well with a diverse workforce.
- Works to ensure the High Fidelity Wrap and System of Care principles and values are incorporated into all aspects of work.
Applicants are required to upload the following documents with their electronic application:
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Applicants are required to upload a list of references of at least three (3) professional references that includes:
- Company Name
- Type of reference (Professional, Supervisor, Colleague, Academic or Personal). One (1) of those references will need to be a current or previous supervisor.
- Email Address
- Contact Phone Number
Applications are not successfully submitted until an online confirmation number has been received at the end of the application process.Recruitment Range:
Commensurate with experienceOrg #-Department:
Center-Youth-Families & Comm - 11504Job Open Date:
04/27/2021Open Until Filled:
1.000Type of Appointment:
Time LimitedIf time-limited, please specify end date for appointment.:
Current grant ends 6/30/21, but renewal is probable.Number of Months per Year:
ExemptPercentage Of Time:
Training SupportEssential Tasks:
1. Provides foundational training in High Fidelity Wraparound for wraparound teams and other community partners tiers of case management/care coordination providing a lived experience perspective.
2. Trains and provides support to agency leadership to ensure provision of High Fidelity Wraparound implementation and family-driven care.
3. Works with the project manager on resolving local and systemic barriers to improved outcomes.
4. Supports the lead implementation specialist’s plan for training or implementation needs.
5. Provides youth or family/caregiver perspective to inform content of training development and youth or family voice to delivery of training.
Provider and Community SupportEssential Tasks:
1. Assists providers in interviewing and selection of staff for HFW teams.
2. Provides on-site and virtual coaching and technical assistance to HFW teams.
3. Tracks and supports all Wraparound team members (coach, facilitators, family, and youth peer support) in moving through their credentialing process.
4. Supports and works with lead implementation specialist on their plan to support coaches and train and credential their staff within their agencies.
5. Provides a family perspective to support entire NC HFWTP team in the implementation of the credentialing and coaching process.
6. Supports the HFW teams in the use of the HFW tools (Strengths, Needs, Culture Discovery (SNCD), Transition Readiness Scale, NC HFWTP monitoring tools). Works with lead implementation specialist, Wraparound team, and Local Management Entity-Managed Care Organization (LME-MCO) to resolve any barriers re: referrals, connecting families to services, coordination of care across agencies, and teaches wraparound team to resolve issues on their own.
Data Analysis and Report PreparationEssential Tasks:
1. Supports the lead implementation specialist’s reporting of data to the Wraparound team and agency leadership to continually improve quality of service.
2. Supports training and implementation to local HFW teams for use of the Wraparound Fidelity Index- Short Version (WFI-EZ) tool and preparing evaluation reports for Coaches, LME-MCOs, and state agencies.
Other Duties as AssignedEssential Tasks:
Other duties as assigned.Physical Effort:
Reading, Writing, Hearing, Talking, Standing, SittingWork Environment:
Driving - Car/Truck, Inside