Technical Services Manager (Contributing)
998965Position Classification Title:
Technology Support TechnicianFunctional Title:
Technical Services Manager (Contributing)Position Type:
UNC Greensboro, located in the Piedmont Triad region of North Carolina, is 1 of only 57 doctoral institutions recognized by the Carnegie Foundation for both higher research activity and community engagement. Founded in 1891 and one of the original three UNC System institutions, UNC Greensboro is one of the most diverse universities in the state with 20,000+ students, and 3,000+ faculty and staff members representing 90+ nationalities. With 17 Division I athletic teams, 85 undergraduate degrees in over 125 areas of study, as well as 74 master’s and 32 doctoral programs, UNC Greensboro is consistently recognized nationally among the top universities for academic excellence and value, with noted strengths in health and wellness, visual and performing arts, nursing, education, and more. For additional information, please visit uncg.edu and follow UNCG on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.Primary Purpose of the Organizational Unit:
New Student Transitions & First Year Experience (NST&FYE) is committed to providing a comprehensive and collaborative approach to ensure the success and retention of our new students.
NST & FYE offers a range of programs and resources for new students delivered through orientation programs, transition courses, shared learning experiences, peer support, and student leadership. Drawing from extensive knowledge about the first year experience, NST & FYE educates the campus community about the unique and evolving needs of our new students and their families in order for all of us to provide optimum support inside and outside the classroom.
NST & FYE ultimately supports new students and their families’ transition to college by encouraging exploration and connections to UNCG’s many people, programs, and resources which provide a solid foundation for academic and personal success, while cultivating a sense of Spartan pride and affinity for UNC Greensboro.Position Summary:
Reporting to the Senior Director, the Technical Services Manager (Contributing) position works collaboratively with multiple staff members to achieve objectives of programs and services. This position will work under the direction of the assistant director for many of the responsibilities listed, in order to manage workflow and produce quality collateral for select duties.Minimum Qualifications:
Graduation from high school and one year in the field of technology related to the positions’ role. Computer coursework may be substituted year for year for the required experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Journey level requires an additional six (6) months experience
- Advanced level requires an additional one (1) year of experience
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants must complete and submit an electronic application for employment to be considered. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing an electronic application. The application must be completed in full detail for your qualifications to be considered.
Applicants are required to upload the following documents with their electronic application:
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Applicants are required to upload a list of references of at least three (3) professional references that includes:
- Company Name
- Type of reference (Professional, Supervisor, Colleague, Academic or Personal). One (1) of those references will need to be a current or previous supervisor.
- Email Address
- Contact Phone Number
Applications are not successfully submitted until an online confirmation number has been received at the end of the application process.Recruitment Range:
$35,434 – $38,702Org #-Department:
New Student Transition and FYE - 44601Work Hours of Position:
8 A.M - 5 P.M., M-F; some weekends and nights as neededNumber of Months per Year:
Information TechnologyCareer Banded Title:
Technology Support TechnicianOpen Date:
Non-ExemptSalary Grade Equivalency:
Website and Electronic Communications ManagementEssential Tasks:
- Manage, monitor, and update the department website using WordPress, in accordance with UNCG’s NextGen web product and guidelines.
- Collaborate with all staff and management to ensure that the website aligns with brand strategy and meets UNCG web standards.
- Respond to and troubleshoot all website issues.
- Conduct web content audits to eliminate outdated, redundant, and/or duplicate information.
- Maintain updated calendar of annual recurring website edits.
- Attend all web development manager’s meetings.
- Assist with posting and sending electronic communications, such as social media and email campaigns, using technology platforms such as Hootsuite and Constant Contact.
- Keep up-to-date with industry best practices.
Technology SupportEssential Tasks:
- Provide support for software and web-based platforms such as Visual Zen, Trello, Qualtrics, Adobe Creative Suite, and Google Drive.
- Provide technical support for the BrightSign monitors, receivers, and manage playlists to post visual assets to the screens.
- Maintain inventory and working knowledge of how to operate camera, audio, and lighting equipment.
- Stay knowledgeable about University technology policies, processes, and procedures and make the appropriate changes needed (demonstrate, train, etc.)
- Provide basic support and troubleshooting for all hardware and software including desktops, phones, laptops, tablets, copiers, etc.
- Maintaining inventory of all computer equipment, devices, as well as managing procurement and surplus of equipment.
- Maintain DTC and DTS status for the department, as well as maintaining credentialing/access to a multitude of campus enterprise platforms, such as Argos, Banner, and AdPro to produce reports as needed.
Program and Event Tech SupportEssential Tasks:
- Assist program manager in preparing technical needs for varying programs and events in advance.
- Provide tech support and day-of assistance at virtual and in-person programs such as SOAR, NAV1GATE, Your First Year Events, FYE 101 trainings, etc.
- Create tech plan and operate virtual webinars, Zoom meetings, and livestream open broadcast software.
- Knowledge, maintenance, and operation of elements such as card swipers, wifi, live streams, and sound systems at events. Liaison with ITS as appropriate.
Planning and OrganizingCompetency Description:
Apply technical knowledge to independently work on routine/ non-complex tasks. Monitors progress against defined parameters.Competency Level:
Project ManagementCompetency Description:
Ability to complete own tasks and manage schedule to meet deadlines. Completes tasks as part of a larger team.Competency Level:
Technical KnowledgeCompetency Description:
Understands basic technology principles and terminology associated with the work unit. Solicits relevant information from client in order to sufficiently describe non-routine problems to technical expert, and effectively communicate solution to client. Understands basic troubleshooting techniques and principles and uses understanding to resolve routine problems based on existing documentation/ training/ resources. Basic knowledge of specialty software or hardware.Competency Level:
Technical Solution DevelopmentCompetency Description:
Ability to apply analytical skills to evaluate alternatives and make recommendations.Competency Level:
Technical SupportCompetency Description:
Knowledge of varied technology components and the interrelationships of componentsCompetency Level:
Consultancy SkillsCompetency Description:
Applies technical knowledge and effective communication skills to create information and training materials for users.Competency Level:
Hand Movement-Repetitive Motions - F, Reading - F, Writing - F, Hearing - C, Talking - F, Sitting - F, Walking - OWork Environment:
Inside - F, Overtime - O