Shared Dual Credit Advisor
Posting Number: :
0001043Job Title: :
Shared Dual Credit AdvisorPosition Status: :
Starting salary range of $46,033- $50,636 is based on the Lee College Administrative/Administrative Support Salary Scale, C42. Initial salary offer is commensurate with education and related work experience.Classification: :
Dual EnrollmentJob Summary/Basic Function: :
The Shared Dual Credit Advisor is the on-site expert on dual credit at the high school and provides guidance, supervision and direct services to ensure effective administration of the dual credit program. The Shared Dual Credit Advisor serves as the point of contact between the Lee College campus and Goose Creek Consolidated Independent School District (GCCISD) high schools. In coordination with campus departments and public-school officials, they create a college culture at the GCCISD high schools by promoting the Dual Credit Program and assisting high school students and parents with college testing, admissions, scheduling, registration, and payment.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with the high schools on recruitment strategies and activities beyond just attending College and Career nights and Parent nights.
- Assist with the logistics and completion in ensuring that all high school students wanting to take dual credit complete the ApplyTexas application.
- Assist students with choosing a career pathway.
- Provide one-on-one advising sessions to create individualized degree plans with students who have completed 15 SCH and ensure the students’ pathway selection aligns with their career goals, high school endorsements, and high school schedule.
- Provide one-on-one advising to students who are taking the College Preparatory Course in Language Arts and/or Mathematics.
- Ensure that all high school students wanting to take dual credit complete the pre-assessment activity. The PAA is given verbally or online. Provide logistics support and direct assistance as required.
- Create and update spreadsheets to identify where students are at in the dual-credit enrollment process.
- Identify students who need to take placement tests by utilizing the information on the Onboarding Spreadsheet.
- Act as a liaison between the Lee College Testing Center, students, and proctors throughout the testing process, including the identification of proctors at the high schools who need proctor training.
- Review of test score following initial testing for each student interested in dual credit.
- Collect registration forms for each student, determine eligibility, register students in the proper section, coordinate high school rosters, maintain schedule changes, and determine student enrollment for tuition purposes.
- Maintain mandatory New Student Orientation protocols to ensure all dual credit students attend.
- Generate payment reports to communicate to students with balances and collaboratively work with the Lee College Business Office to troubleshoot student account issues.
- Advocate for students through the coordination with high school counselors to assist with contacting student to ensure student success, including outreach from 3-week progress reports, address bookstore needs, process drops/withdrawals in collaboration with the GCCISD high school counselor, and act as a liaison between the student and faculty.
- Attend high school advisory board meetings.
- Work with the Director of Dual Credit on class offerings, instructors, and scheduling at each high school.
- Understand Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board rules regarding dual credit programs.
- Cooperatively work with college advisors, counselors, and staff to remain current in program changes and applicable financial aid options.
- Serve as a contact to the administration and staff in the ISD setting.
- Serve as an advisor to parents of dual credit students attending GCCISD high schools.
- Establish Parent/Student Orientation Sessions on the college campus, as well on high school campuses.
- Discuss FERPA guidelines with students and their parents.
- Discuss tuition and fees with students and their parents.
- Handle phone calls and emails from counselors, parents, and students regarding the dual credit program.
- Make presentations at Parent Nights, professional meetings, college fairs, and college nights regarding the dual credit program.
- Collaborate with the Director of Dual Credit to create handouts and brochures for the programs on campus and for the ISDs.
- Make onsite visits to assigned GCCISD high schools to facilitate communication and provide support.
- Address complaints and disciplinary issues, including academic and behavioral with appropriate contacts as needed in a timely manner.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) process for GCCISD to reflect the dynamic nature of the dual credit partnerships.
- Generate reports for the dual credit program in PeopleSoft.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.Minimum Qualifications: :
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in Psychology, Sociology, Education, Student Affairs, or a closely related field
- Two (2) years of related work experience
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, organizational, and event planning skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with faculty, administrators, counselors, advisors, and other staff members in both a college and high school setting.
- Ability to work well with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Previous experience working at a community college
- Previous experience working with high school students and their parents
- Knowledge of SACSCOC principles, TEA, and THECB guidelines regarding dual credit
- Bilingual: Able to read, write, and speak both English and Spanish
OtherIf other, provide location. :
GCCISD High Schools and Lee CollegePosting Date::
04/27/2021Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants::
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed course work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.