Full-Time Commissioned Security Officer
Posting Number: :
0001047Job Title: :
Full-Time Commissioned Security OfficerPS Position#: :
00001088Position Status: :
Starting salary range of $25,751 - $28,326 is based on the Lee College Classified Staff Salary Scale, A13. Placement on scale is commensurate with education and related work experience.Classification: :
SecurityJob Summary/Basic Function: :
The Commissioned Security Officer is responsible for the safety and security of persons including Lee College employees, students, guests of/and visitors to the campus; the protection of college property, including buildings, grounds, equipment and other assets of the college. The Commissioned Security Officer will provide assistance in emergency situations or conditions, and take action appropriate to the crisis situation within legal limits of the department’s authority. This position reports to the Security Chief, Security Assistant Chief, and Security Corporals.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Carry a firearm and respond to situations appropriately.
- Patrol campus grounds and building, either by foot or in an authorized college vehicle checking doors, windows, gates, etc. to ensure that they are secured.
- Patrol campus parking areas on a regular schedule, enforce campus parking regulations, and issue citations.
- Respond to emergency and non-emergency calls; respond to requests for assistance regarding lost or stolen property, break-ins, vandalism, etc.
- Contact emergency personnel (i.e., 9-1-1, Baytown Police Department, ambulance service, etc.) when necessary.
- Observe, report, and correct any irregular and unusual conditions and/or safety hazards on campus.
- Investigate and maintain incident reports of all occurrences and completes daily activities reports.
- Assist all persons in complying with college regulations and rules of conduct on campus.
- Provide security coverage for college functions as assigned.
- Provide crowd control when necessary and/or as assigned.
- Pick up and transport deposits to the bank when needed.
- Provide courteous assistance for faculty, staff, students, and visitors.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of information exposed in the course of business.
- Contribute to a safe educational and working environment by participating in all drills and training and being prepared to take action should a health or safety emergency occur.
Additional duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Carry out established procedures for opening and locking campus buildings, offices, classrooms, etc.
- Provide security escort when needed or as assigned.
- Maintain and monitor campus video security system.
- Maintain First Aid certifications as directed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent college benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.Minimum Qualifications: :
- High school diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- One (1) year of previous security, law enforcement, correctional, military experience
- Must possess a current Level III Commissioned Security Officer certification and/or license from the State of Texas
- Twenty-one (21) years of age or older
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Subject to a criminal background check prior to employment and periodic times during your employment
- Subject to a drug/alcohol test prior to employment and periodic times during your employment
- Subject to a psychological exam prior to employment
- Must be able and willing to carry a firearm and required to handle a firearm in a safe and effective manner
- Knowledge of local and state Security laws and regulations
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Must have skills in problem solving and conflict resolution
- Must be able to work days, nights, weekends, and holiday hours as needed
Main Campus - Baytown, TXPosting Date::
04/27/2021Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants::
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, Level III Commissioned Security certification and/or license for the State of Texas, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts are required upon hire.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references of the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.