Student: Automotive Technician
Student: Automotive TechnicianRequisition Number:
3J5SE: Student EmploymentWork Location:
Lexington, KYOn Campus/Off Campus:
Off CampusSalary Range:
$12.75/hourType of Position:
StudentPosition Time Status :
Part-TimeHours per Week:
Part-Time hours vary between 7 am – 7 pm.
12-40 hours per week, depending on the student’s schedule and desired number of hours.
You must be a current UK student to apply for this position. This position is located off-campus with a local Lexington employer and is not affiliated with the university.
Automotive Technician (also known as Lube Technician)
Safety is always top of mind and we want you to know that we are working hard to protect our team members and our guests with our stay-in-your-car oil change process plus newly added safety measures in line with CDC guidelines. We are proud to provide essential services to our communities.
Whether you’re looking for a part-time job with flexible hours or a full-time career with excellent advancement potential, you’ll find it all with us. With an award-winning training program and fair and honest values, we’re here to help you.
What you’ll do
As an Automotive Technician you will help drive our continued success by providing reliable and impeccable preventive maintenance service. You will act as a trusted advisor to our customers, evaluating their needs and performing maintenance to keep their vehicle serviced and safe on the road.
- Evaluate customers’ needs, working quickly and efficiently
- Contribute to a fun team atmosphere
- Master products, services and company knowledge
- Perform automotive preventive maintenance such as changing oil, checking and refilling other vehicle fluids, replacing filters, and inspecting and replacing lights and wipers
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace
How you’ll succeed:
- You are friendly and ready to work as part of a customer-focused team
- Have an eagerness to learn
- You can lift up to 50 pounds
- Have full mobility and the ability to work with your hands above your head
- Can stand for extended periods of time and climb stairs
- We provide paid, on-the-job training so we do not require any specific skills or knowledge.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work as a team
05/26/2021University Community of Inclusion:
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Anticipated Start Date: