Student: Summer General Maintenance Worker (Seasonal Part Time)
Student: Summer General Maintenance Worker (Seasonal Part Time)Requisition Number:
3J5SE: Student EmploymentWork Location:
Lexington, KYOn Campus/Off Campus:
Off CampusSalary Range:
$11.00 per hourType of Position:
StudentPosition Time Status :
- Interest in aviation industry preferred, but not required
20-28 per week
Hours are 8:00 am – 3:30 pm Monday-Thursday or Tuesday-Friday.
You must be a current UK student to apply for this position. This position is located off-campus with a local Lexington employer and is not affiliated with the university.
Joining a team of skill maintenance professionals and craft-persons, the airport is recruiting for four individuals to expand our work crew for the summer. These positions will assist with the upkeep of all of the grounds, buildings and surfaces that are owned and operated by Lexington-Fayette Urban County Airport Board. This is a part-time seasonal position working 28 hours per week and perfect for someone who loves to be outdoors and around the hustle and bustle of airports.
Typical duties include:
- Landscaping to include: mowing, grading, fertilizing, planting, and drainage
- Install, maintain and repairs: pavements and site utilities fences, gates and doors to secured areas buildings, offices, walls and doors parking lot and roadway information signs and markings
- Cleaning of grounds and buildings
- Assistance with special events
- Light construction
- Lifting and moving bags of chemicals and other products needed to complete the job such as sand, deicer, etc.
- Pick up garbage on airport grounds
- Move furniture and equipment
- Baggage handling
- All other duties assigned
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- This employee must pass a federal background and screening to access secure areas of the airport.
- While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee is frequently exposed to noise, fumes or airborne particles, heat, cold, work in high precarious places, and risk of electrical shock. The employee must be able to lift up and carry to 80 pounds continuously. Must have the physical strength and agility to perform heavy manual work, sometimes in adverse weather conditions including high and low outdoor temperatures, wind, rain and snow. Must be able to work under these conditions for long periods of time. Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time. Must be able to operate equipment for a long period of time.
05/10/2021University Community of Inclusion:
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Anticipated Start Date: