Administrative Assistant, Advancement
The Administrative Assistant, Advancement reports directly to the Associate Director, Senior Vice Chancellor's Office and is primarily responsible for providing support to a team of advancement professionals serving the global network of DU alumni, families, donors, students, and friends. By serving as a strong liaison and providing excellent customer service to University leadership, advancement staff, campus colleagues, alumni, donors, and others, the Administrative Assistant manages several business functions within his/her assigned team(s), including scheduling, travel arrangements, meeting preparation, customer service, and general correspondence. In addition to these business functions, the Administrative Assistant is also responsible for partnering with the leader in his/her area(s) to support them in efficient and effective office operations, managing their portfolio of responsibility, and ensuring compliance with DU and Advancement policies and procedures. This may include assisting with program development strategies, executing events and special projects, and other activities.
- Manage meeting scheduling including space, technology, and catering logistics.
- Manage travel planning including travel air, hotel, and ground transportation logistics as well as maximizing the availability of constituents, scheduling meetings, and creating itineraries.
- Manage office operations including supply orders.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly and travel-related expense reports in DUs electronic Travel & Expense Management software.
- Assist with time keeping and leave requests in DUs electronic timekeeping software, PioneerTime.
- Assist with documenting constituent engagement, including pre and post engagement communication, via activity reports in DU's constituent relationship management software, PioSphere.
- Assist in the creation of print and online materials including reports, brochures, and e-newsletters.
- Assist with additional software administration including [email protected], PioneerWeb, Advancement Wiki, and others.
- Manage responsibilities related to Advancements event management software, Cvent.
- Assist with creating and coordinating events including logistics such as site visits and selection, invitation list management and nametags, invitations and registrations, event briefings, and post-event follow-up communications and outreach.
Engagement & Fundraising Coordination
- Conduct constituent research, including biographical and giving information, to identify prospects for alumni engagement and major gift cultivation.
- Assist with donor and volunteer retention efforts through special stewardship programs, such as holiday and birthday cards, and other constituent correspondence.
- Facilitate the division-wide gift acknowledgment and correspondence process.
- Provide support for volunteer committees, councils, and/or boards including membership list management, meeting logistics and communication, and post-meeting follow up including meeting minutes and coordinating action items.
- Serve as an active and collaborative partner to all central and unit-based advancement functions and campus colleagues to foster strategic, effective, and collaborative advancement practices.
- Model One DU leadership.
- High School diploma.
- 1 year of professional administrative experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience (Veterans with equivalent combination of military certification/education and experience may substitute for the degree qualification).
- 3 years of professional administrative experience.
- Experience in higher education or similarly complex environment.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Some nights and weekends as required.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Monday, May 10, 2021.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 6.
The hourly range for the position is $18.00 - $22.00.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.