Education Finance Council (EFC), the national trade association representing nonprofit and state-based higher education finance organizations, is recruiting qualified candidates to lead our organization as its President. EFC supports its members’ public purpose mission to expand access to postsecondary education and training, facilitate student success, assist students and families in identifying their best sources of education funding, assist individuals with connecting postsecondary education and career outcomes, encourage responsible borrowing, and advocate for and with individuals in support of successful management of their postsecondary education financing. Attributes of the successful candidate will include the following demonstrated abilities:
- Mission Dedicated -Understanding of the student loan sector and the range of issues facing the EFC membership
- Effective Advocate - Develop strong and trusted relationships with the Administration and Congress to further EFC’s legislative and regulatory agenda
- Organizational Leadership - Skilled at leading an organization and directing and developing staff
- Member Relations—Excels at understanding member needs and expectations
- Strategic Thinking— Thinks and acts strategically by balancing the implications of internal, external, short-term and long-term factors
- Communication Skills— Clearly and confidently articulates complex ideas, strategies, and decisions to individuals and groups at all levels.
- Board Leadership and Engagement—Skilled at working with a board of directors to strengthen member engagement and organizational governance.
Please visit www.efc.org/page/presidential_search_2021 for the full job description.
Interested candidates should email their letter of interest, resume and salary requirements to: [email protected]. The search committee will begin reviewing applications on May 15, 2021. Applications will continue to be accepted and reviewed until a new president is chosen.