Director of Digital Engagement and Social Media
Director of Digital Engagement and Social Media, Office of Strategic Communications and Creative Services Georgetown University
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
Director of Digital Engagement and Social Media, Office of Strategic Communications and Creative Services - Georgetown University
The Director of Digital Engagement and Social Media develops and executes the overall strategy for social media marketing and engagement efforts at Georgetown University. They serve as the institutional lead on social media, working collaboratively across the organization to create and nurture a unique "voice and personality" for Georgetown University on social media and align strategic priorities, ensuring a more cohesive brand identity. The Director recognizes the importance and growing role of social media and digital engagement as the university works to communicate effectively to multiple audiences over many and growing distribution channels.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Communications, the Director of Digital Engagement and Social Media has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Create and execute a comprehensive strategy to expand Georgetown's social media and digital engagement presence
- Ensure university social media activities are fully integrated with other outreach efforts, including internal/external communications, media relations, fundraising, marketing and visual identity
- Oversee daily management of Georgetown's top tier social media profiles, including but not limited to: Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Snapchat, Google+, Flickr, Pinterest, Instagram, Tumblr, and YouTube
- Lead the university's “Social Media Working Group” and “Social Media Advisory Group” - working with other departments and internal teams to develop effective social media campaigns and initiatives that highlight the university's mission and academic excellence
- Help build social media advocacy throughout the university by assisting with training and sharing of best practices
- Lead the development of organization-wide social media management standards, policies and guidelines for university affiliated social media accounts
- Define key performance indicators and implement enterprise level measurement, analytics, and reporting methods to gauge success of digital and social engagement tactics; and report high level takeaways to senior leadership and interpret results to OCOMM staff
- Support the Senior Director for Creative Services and AVP for Communications to develop strategies for aligning the university's communications and outreach functions
- Educate senior leadership about the value of employing best practices in digital engagement to communicate effectively
- Serve as a university representative at industry events, conferences and written articles related to the digital engagement and media space
- Plan, create and publish content across social media platforms, working with editorial, communications and other university teams to keep abreast of stories, events and university announcements
- Oversee student content producers and influencers whose stories are told across top tier university channels
- Supervise Digital Media Associate and assign projects as necessary
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of demonstrated communications experience
- Demonstrated ability to employ both the newest and established best practices in rapidly developing field of digital communications
- Understanding of digital measurement analytics
- Experience working in digital media space
- Strong understanding of social media platforms and strategies
- Working understanding of technical requirements to execute digital engagement practices
- Strong interpersonal skills to work collaboratively across many departments
- Practical business skills or training
- Ability to articulate rapidly changing practices and strategies to internal audiences without strong backgrounds in the space
- Demonstrated ability to guide senior leadership in a rapidly developing space that many have not experienced
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected].
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu or view the online interactive benefits guide for more information.
To apply, visit https://georgetown.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Georgetown_Admin_Careers/job/Main-Campus/Director-of-Digital-Engagement-and-Social-Media--Office-of-Strategic-Communications-and-Creative-Services---Georgetown-University_JR10112
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency