Lifeguard (no benefits)
Casual WagePosition Title:
Lifeguard (no benefits)Full Time/Part Time:
-To supervise the activities of swimmers by enforcing rules and regulations.
-To warn swimmers of improper activities or hazards.
-To rescue persons in distress or in danger of drowning when indicated and provide rescue breathing, CPR and First Aid.
-To notify the NYS DOH of any accidents, rescues, or problems that have arisen.
-To check all safety equipment is working properly on a daily basis, and report to the Aquatic Manager any equipment that is in need of repair.
-To successfully and positively perform within work team dynamics.
- To be on time and capable of performing tasks within team dynamics.
- To supervise all patrons in and around the pool area.
-To answer inquiries pertaining to the use of the pool.
- To move lane lines as directed.
- To direct all helpful suggestions from participants and others to direct supervisor.
- To attend scheduled in-service training.
- To maintain attendance and activity record and complete required reports.
- To provide periodic supervision and custodial needs of locker rooms.
-To assist in cleaning and maintaining the pool and related areas and facilities.
- Requires knowledge of water hazards, lifesaving techniques and first aid, recognize hazardous situations, and adopt effective courses of action.
- Requires effective communication skills and the ability to engage positively with the public.
- Requires attentiveness to visual and audible cues for recognition and identification of swimmers in distress or in process of unsafe behaviors.
- Requires proficient swimming ability and the proper application of rescue and first-aid techniques.
- Requires current CPR/AED, First Aid & Lifeguard certifications.
- Must be capable of working collegially with a diverse group of faculty, staff and students within a university context.
- Requires ability to frequently sit, kneel, stand, stoop, communicate, reach and manipulate objects. The position requires mobility.Requisition Number:
Shifts vary. Special event and additional swim practice shifts will also be available.Job Open Date:
04/26/2021Open Until Filled:
It is the policy of Colgate University not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of their race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, disability, protected Veterans status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, being or having been victims of domestic violence or stalking, familial status, or any other categories covered by law. Colgate is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, women, persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.Clery Act:
CAMPUS CRIME REPORTING AND STATISTICS
The Campus Safety Department will provide upon request a copy of Colgate’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. This report includes statistics as reported to the United States Department of Education for the previous three years concerning reported: 1. crimes that occurred on-campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by Colgate University; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, the campus and 2. fires that occurred in student housing facilities. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security and fire safety, such as policies concerning sexual assault, life safety systems, and other related matters. To obtain a copy, contact the Campus Safety Compliance Manager via e-mail at [email protected]. You may also access the report from the Campus Safety web page at: www.colgate.edu/offices/support/campussafety.