Assistant Director of Admissions (School of Nursing and Health Sciences)
Department: Office of Graduate and Adult Admissions
Reports To: Director of Graduate and Adult Program Enrollment Management
Position Summary: The Assistant Director of Admissions is responsible for the complete admissions process for the graduate programs of the School of Nursing and Health Sciences. This includes generating prospects/applicants, assisting prospects/applicants through the admissions process, admitting students to specific schools or programs and/or insuring department approval for admission. Meets or exceeds annual enrollment goals by partnering with the marketing and recruitment process for North Park’s graduate and adult programs in the School of Nursing and Health Sciences.
- Achieves or exceeds annual enrollment goals set by director for specific programs of responsibility
- Collaboratively works to increase prospective student funnel by direct and indirect participation in college fairs and on-and-off campus events as needed. (School of Nursing and Health Sciences)
- Generates prospects/applicants through various ways such as partnerships, events, and other connections.
- Supports the development and placement of accurate, appropriate, and timely advertising and promotions for prospective student advertising by the director and University Marketing Communication.
- Supports the communication strategies for prospective students by ensuring contact with every prospective student via phone, email, text, and/or personal appointment with expediency upon prospect inquiry.
- Manages the transition of student inquiry into applications. Contacts applicant immediately upon submission of an inquiry for all programs and moves them to next steps.
- Monitors the non-curricular aspects of the general admission landing page/website, ensuring website is marketing-oriented, accurate, user friendly, and responds to prospective students’ needs. Works with designated marketing manager for graduate and degree completion programs to streamline and maintain these online assets.
- Attends college fairs and other off-campus recruitment events developing a travel territory on a regular basis (extensive local, virtual and possible out-of- state). Maintains and promotes office hours at offsite campus(es), if necessary. Actively seeks opportunities to showcase university programs and initiatives in the wider community.
- Understands the components, offerings, and licensure aspects of the programs within the appropriate school he/she recruits. Remains up-to-date on the School of Nursing and Health Sciences and State of Illinois licensure requirements.
- When appropriate, develops and implements plan for targeting and accessing organizations that either (a) have large populations of prospective students or (b) may be an attractive location to offer an on-site program. Recommends appropriate promotional mechanisms to target these organizations.
- Actively seeks opportunities to showcase university programs and initiatives in the wider community.
- Mobilizes current students and alumni to assist in recruitment.
- Partners with the director and marketing manager for graduate and degree completion programs on marketing and recruitment issues as they relate to prospective student enrollment initiatives.
- Tracks and analyzes enrollment and marketing data and provides enrollment reports to director on a weekly basis in relation to prospects and prospective student events.
- Willingly works the number and non-traditional hours necessary to successfully recruit working professionals and meet enrollment and job objectives. At a minimum, is available until 7 p.m. two evenings per week, and some (5-6) Saturdays throughout the year. Host general Saturday information sessions as well as webinars/information session as directed.
- Embodies the spirit of North Park, the Admissions Office, and the School of Nursing and Health Sciences by exhibiting a sincere, service-based attitude with all prospects and colleagues.
- Serves as a member of the North Park Admissions Team by becoming conversant with all North Park programs, counseling North Park students who may be interested in areas and programs for multiple schools, and attending admissions meetings.
- Participates in School of Nursing and Health Sciences faculty and staff meetings, and other department meetings on a regular basis or as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of five years of professional work experience required, preferably in a sales and marketing and/or healthcare environment.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience directly related to adult, bachelor degree completion and/or graduate student markets along with experience in traditional or non-traditional markets
- Knowledge of nursing licensure programs and requirements preferred
- Strong knowledge of web-based marketing, including familiarity with social media platforms.
- Enjoy and be effective at working independently
- Strong customer service orientation
- Effective written and oral interpersonal communication skills
- Sensitivity to the unique needs of adult students
- Strong results orientation
- Data-driven decision maker
- Must be self-motivated, entrepreneurial, and detail-oriented
- Have access to own transportation and ability to transport and set-up up displays and manage a travel territory with evening travel corresponding to the adult student demographic
- Must be able to work non-traditional hours, including evenings and weekends
- Appreciation for, personal commitment to, and ability to effectively articulate North Park’s mission to Christian higher education.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and databases needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree
- Professional experience in a higher education setting within adult populations in graduate and bachelor degree completion programs such as education, nursing, business, and counseling.
- Conversant with adult learning models, licensure and prior learning assessment or military credentials
- Experience in lead generation for student populations
- Academic Advising or student counseling experience
Effective Date: April 2021
NOTE: Nothing in this job description restricts the supervisor’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time