Job Title: Postdoctoral Fellow
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 226236
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of nanoparticles chemistry is a plus
- Skills on nanoparticles chemistry are a plus
- Good oral/written communication and organizational skills
- Basic competency in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and EndNote or willingness to learn
- Must be detail-oriented, highly motivated, and committed to achieving excellence in the form of productivity and publications
- Ability and willingness work with research animals
- Ability to work independently and efficiently, and complete work and meet deadlines
Previous experience with natural compounds, nanoparticles, drug development and related techniquesResponsibilities This a training position designed to learn through engagement in an advanced level of scientific technical and administrative work in support of research efforts in the laboratory, which focuses on the colon cancer therapeutics. The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in project planning and development of research protocols while insuring adherence to accepted scientific research principles and compliance with relevant federal guidelines
- Analyze results of experiments and procedures using manual or computer techniques and, if necessary, develop special computer programs to facilitate analysis. Teach and participate in complex bacteriological, chemical and/or radio-chemical qualitative and quantitative analysis, macro- and micro-serological, histologic and cell culture procedures.
- Coordinate and participate in research of scientific literature; summarize and evaluate findings; develop derivative applications of techniques developed by own research activities or reported by other research projects. Presents findings at scientific meetings locally, nationally and internationally.
- Compose articles for publication in scientific journals; review articles prepared by others.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of students, graduate assistants and other research personnel engaged in research activities and/or related
- laboratory work. Advise principal investigators, other postdocs, students and other research personnel on research techniques, procedures and other technological aspects of research activities.
- Calibrate, troubleshoot, repair and operate microscopes, computer-linked analytical equipment, dedicated computers and other complex scientific equipment; instruct others in operation of equipment.
- Other duties as assigned
Shift/Salary Shift: Days/M-F (work outside of the normal business hours will likely be required of an employee in an exempt level position)Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position Recruitment Period: 4/27/2021 - Until FilledConditions of Employment All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University.Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University/ AU Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities and veterans.Other Information Augusta University/ AU Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities and veterans.Other InformationThis position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. “Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success.”Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.