Website & Social Media Specialist
Job location: BYU–Hawaii
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2021-04-27
If you currently have a job on campus, please use the internal job board.NOTE: You can only have 5 open student applications at a time.
Assist in the design, creation, and modification of Web sites. Analyze user needs to implement Web site content, graphics, performance, and capacity. May convert written, graphic, audio, and video components to compatible Web formats by using software designed to facilitate the creation of Web and multimedia content.
- Evaluates and updates current website.
- Consults with department managers on plans for any website revisions.
- Implements new design scenarios in university website system (Brightspot).
- Works with Managers/Director to ensure department website have correct and pertinent information.
- Develops action plan and instructions for site maintenance in the future.
- Maintains social media platforms
- Works on content calendar to ensure posts are planned and ready ahead of post dates.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Must provide Portfolio
- Basic experience in developing websites and/or web applications.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and deadline-oriented.
- Basic understanding of programming languages and graphic software
- Ability to work well with others.
- Basic experience with graphic design and media.
Typical office environment