Admissions Special Programs Coordinator - Admissions and Recruitment (one year temp position)
Category:: Professional Staff
Department:: Admission & Recruitment
Locations:: Boston, MA
Posted:: Apr 27, 2021
Closes:: May 13, 2021 - 11:59 PM EDT
Ref. No.:: UNP
Position ID:: 130441
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC) is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at several satellites and instructional sites throughout the Greater Boston area. The largest of the 15 community colleges in Massachusetts, BHCC serves some 18,000 students annually, focusing on holistic student services to ensure student retention and persistence. The College offers certificates and associate degrees, early college and dual enrollment, non-credit community and corporate training, and industry-specific training programs. BHCC is the 8th most diverse higher education institution in the United States, and is an Asian American and Pacific Islander Serving Institution. Bunker Hill is also a Hispanic Service Institution, defined as an institution that has an enrollment of undergrad full-time equivalent students that is at least 25 percent Hispanic students. Approximately 1000 international students attend from 100 countries, speaking more than 75 languages.
Under the guidance of the Director of Admissions & Recruitment, the Admissions Special Programs Coordinator for Enrollment, Recruitment & Outreach, is part of the College's Admissions and Recruitment team. With specific focus on creating a welcoming and supportive environment for all students to BHCC. The primary focus of this position will be working with BHCC's adult learner population, collaboration with the Workforce & Economic Development Division, nurturing relationships with community organizations that provide adult education services, as well as assisting with pathways for non-credit students into degree or certificate programs. This position will also oversee the management of recruitment travel for the department and assist with executing recruitment strategies.
As Special Programs Coordinator, a primary responsibility is also to address prospective and new student concerns/issues that support the continuous goal of providing a student-centered approach for all students to the College at every entry point.
- Provides a full range of group and individual admissions counseling/advising services to prospective students and associated community constituencies regarding BHCC admissions and related topics via telephone, live chat, text, email and/or Oncehub (virtual or phone appointment) or in person meetings; Including advising students on the selection of degree and career programs;
- Supports inquiries, coordinates and facilitates recruitment events/visits with focus on adult learners to community organizations in collaboration with the Workforce & Economic Development Division;
- Uses available technology such as Radius by Anthology, TargetX and Colleague for data collection, analysis and outreach for the recruitment and admission of students;
- Manage the recruitment travel calendar and recruitment visit requests and assist with recruitment activities at primary, secondary and alternative schools, college nights, career fairs, businesses, community events, etc. on/off-campus and virtually to provide information on college opportunities and admission policies and procedures as needed;
- Assist the Director and Interim Associate Director with the creation of service area management for recruitment and admissions counselors;
- Utilize phone, email, text, live chat, OnceHub to communicate with students, staff and faculty in a timely manner, providing superior student-focused service and customer service to all;
- Review weekly and monthly admissions and enrollment data to assist the Director of Admissions & Recruitment with student funnel data;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Counseling, Psychology, Business Administration, or closely related field;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in Admissions/Advising or Workforce Development areas of higher education; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in understanding, interpreting and enforcing policy and procedures;
- Ability to travel to and from recruitment sites, Chelsea Campus and conduct other work activities;
- Ability to work some evening and weekend hours to accommodate recruitment events;
- Knowledge of Colleague, Radius, TargetX, ImageNow, Gecko Engage, WebEx, Zoom and Transferology preferred;
- Strong working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a busy environment;
- Must be committed to the mission of the community college and demonstrate the ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff and student population;
- Hours will vary depending on the needs of the (currently virtual due to COVID restrictions);
- Will be required to work evenings and weekends when the need arises.
- Master's Degree in Education, Counseling, Psychology, Business Administration, or closely related field.
- Experience working in community college Admissions or Workforce Development.
- Written and spoken proficiency in more than one language.
Salary Range: $47,545.00-$53,000.00 Actual Salary Will Be Commensurate With Education and Experience in Accordance with MCCC/MTA Collective Bargaining Agreement. Full state Benefits. (This position is funded for a minimum of 1 year after which the position will be reevaluated.)
Grade 4, Unit-Professional position
Review Date: To Ensure Consideration Application Materials Must Be Received By May 13, 2021
To be considered for this position please upload the following documents to your account:
- Cover Letter
Please be sure to address the Required Qualifications in your documents.
If you need assistance applying through this website please contact our online Help Desk HERE