Administrative Coordinator, Pharmaceutical Sciences
Department:: Pharmaceutical Sciences
Locations:: Binghamton, NY
Posted:: Apr 26, 2021
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Ref. No.:: 04291
Position ID:: 130345
About Binghamton University:
The state of New York provided $60 million to establish a School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences at Binghamton University. The school, which enrolled its inaugural PharmD class in 2017, is now housed in a new, state-of-the-art, 105,000-square-foot building dedicated to research and education and located at the University's new Health Sciences Campus. The school's outstanding leaders in pharmacy and pharmaceutical sciences use contemporary medication management and innovative research to transform human health locally and globally. The research and clinically focused school is training the next generations of graduates to deliver evidence-based, patient-centered pharmaceutical care to diverse groups of patients, especially those who are in underserved rural and geriatric communities.
The School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences obtained Candidate status from the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education in June 2018. In the future, the PhD program under development will be renowned for its contributions to translational, clinical and outcomes research within the changing landscape of drug development, pharmacy practice and clinical science.
Budget Title: Staff Assistant (SL-2)
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
The School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences at Binghamton University is seeking a Staff Assistant to support the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences. The ideal candidate is professional, organized, proactive and can adapt well to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment. The candidate must demonstrate the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously, problem solve, maintain confidentiality, and work effectively as a team member. The candidate will also coordinate with the graduate school to help with our new MS & PhD program in term of applicants, recruitment of students and routine email communications. Attention to detail and strong communications skills are essential. The successful candidate will report to the department chair.
- Provide direct administrative support to the Chair of Pharmaceutical Sciences as well as directed support to the Associate Dean for Research.
- Process and maintain appropriate records for payments and reimbursements while adhering to internal guidelines. Routine budget reconciliation and analysis and travel arrangements.
- Quickly and accurately create, organize, and maintain department-based data, records, minutes, and documentation. Maintain and assist with updating approved department policies and procedures, student records, and other academic documents.
- Assist with coordination of department events including, but not limited to standing meetings, and student events activities.
- Coordinate with the Graduate School on main campus to help with the administrative aspect of the MS&PhD program in pharmaceutical sciences.
- Course building including preparation and management of course schedules and syllabi for master's and PhD programs. Ability/willingness to learn Banner.
- Provide administrative support for faculty and staff associated with Research Foundation.
- Support other school administration and staff as needed
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of 3-5 years of administrative support experience, preferably in higher education
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency, especially in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Demonstrated aptitude in learning new applications and systems
- Excellent attention to visual and procedural detail
- Strong organizational abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability and willingness to learn and master other software packages, such as MyCourses (Blackboard), ExamSoft and Banner
Offers of employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check and verification of degree(s) and credentials.
Binghamton University is a tobacco-free campus.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected]
Payroll information can be found on our website http://www.binghamton.edu/human-resources/payroll/
Cover letters may be addressed "To the Search Committee."
Postings active on the website, accept applications until closure.
For information on the Dual Career Program, please visit:
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
The State University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Binghamton University to provide for and promote equal opportunity employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, disability, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military service member status, marital status, domestic violence victim status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or arrest and/or criminal conviction record unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification or other exception.
As required by Title IX and its implementing regulations Binghamton University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the educational programs and activities which it operates. This requirement extends to employment and admission. Inquiries about sex discrimination may be directed to the University Title IX Coordinator or directly to the Office of Civil Rights (OCR). Contact information for the Title IX Coordinator and OCR, as well as the University's complete Non-Discrimination Notice may be found here.
Deadline for Internal Applicants: 05/10/2021
Deadline for External Applicants: Open until filled
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the vacancy is filled.
Persons interested in this position should apply online.
- Cover letter, and
- Contact information for three professional references
You may add additional files/documents after uploading your resume. After you fill out your contact information, you will be directed to the upload page. Please login to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents: http://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp.