Grant Development Specialist 2
Job Title: Grant Development Specialist 2
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 226278
Strong Accounting and financial management skills
Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databases or willingness to learn
Ability to complete work, meet deadlines and work independently with only general supervision
Detail-oriented with strong organizational, multi-tasking, customer service and prioritization skills
Ability to develop short and long range goals and develop and monitor budgets and analyze financial data
Knowledge of principles and practice pertaining to developing and administering a research grant proposal and awards in compliance with sponsor, federal, state, local and university regulations
Demonstrate a pleasant and probative interactions with others and display a high degree of professionalism in order to deal with people tactfully and help establish strong relationships and positive communicationPreferred Qualifications
- Thorough knowledge of University organization and procedures
- Progressively responsible administrative support at a higher education institution, preferably in an academic medical center
- Experience supporting high level executives or organizational leaders, working with high profile public figures, senior leaders, and
- Experience submitted NIH grant applications and large program applications such as Clinical and Translational Science Awards
- (CTSA) Program, Program Project Grants, and Multicenter Grants
- Experience with iLab as well as skilled in use of PeopleSoft Financials or able to quickly learn and master programs
- Support of Research Activity
- Prepare letters of support, routine correspondence, memos, and other documents for grant and contract activities, internal and external to Augusta University Manage letters of offer. Also, manages files on behalf of the SVP.
- Manages information of highly sensitive nature while maintaining confidentiality and exercising judgement as it relates to general research inquiries, intellectual property, and research subject information documentation (i.e. subject procedure tracker and milestone invoicing)
- Researches, coordinates, and prepares a wide range of written projects for research dissemination
- Interface with research collaborators at AU, CSRA, State of GA and elsewhere
- Ensure all grant/contract supplies, materials, travel requests, publications, etc. are purchased using the appropriate funding source.
- Serve as the central liaison for grant/contract inter/intra departments and outside resources for Office of the Sr. Vice President for Research
- Researches topics online and at the library, as necessary. Must be capable of analyzing and writing from data and from general topics. Reorganizes annotations, indexes, and bibliographies, as requested
- Support and help coordinate data required for proposal development such as equipment quotes, infrastructure needs and feasibility, identifying personnel needs, etc.
- Support research activities:
- Proofread research documents to ensure fair use of copyrighted material; permissions, credits, and acknowledgments. Prepare and update manuscripts, following guidelines set forth by scientific agency
- Prepare, edit, review, and submit research journals, journal reviews, abstracts, and other publishing related articles to publication source. Act as liaison between SVP and other related parties and publication source
- Develop and maintain a system to track submission and publication of scientific/scholarly journals, reviews, and other articles
- Prepares presentations for scientific and research related conferences, seminars and training activities.
- Grant preparation assistance including biographical sketches, budget, budget justification, resources and environments, specific aims, background/ significance, preliminary data, research proposals, human subjects, estimated recruitment, letters of recommendation, and references.
- Assist with IRB and IBC submission as needed
- Assist with preparation of grant routing forms, budget amendments, authorizations to budget, cost transfers, over the cap cost share, carry forward requests, research performance progress reports, and no cost extension forms and grant routing forms, BCM errors
- Support of Research Activities:
- Coordinate and manage application process for large institutional grant applications by working with all stakeholders to prepare biographical sketches, budget, budget justification, resources and environments, specific aims, background/ significance, preliminary data, research proposals, human subjects, estimated recruitment, letters of recommendation, and references, and create tracking system to ensure all deliverables have been completed and deadline has been met.
- Prepare documentation for weekly review of available funding opportunities for the department as well as other disciplines across campus
- Assist with grant related reports
- Responsible for maintaining, reconciling, planning and strategy for grant- related budgets of Sr. Vice
- President for Research
- Facilitate interaction with units throughout AU contributing to grant, including colleges, library, IT, and sponsored programs.
- Coordinate contributions from administrative support staff throughout AU contributing to grant
- Oversee development of grant components from research teams throughout AU contributing to grant
- Provide oversight of interactions with other universities, government agencies, community foundations, and community groups contributing to grants
- Special Projects:
- Prepares annual SVP reports, as needed
- Prepares grant/contract related presentations
- Other special projects as they arise and are identified.
- Other: Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.