DCG Communications Coordinator
Job Title: DCG Communications Coordinator
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 226556
- Work with campus Publications Director to develop periodic DCG magazineCoordinate and lead DCG magazine annual retreatSupport content development with media writers, editorReview content, drafts and proofs for magazine prior to press runManage mailing list information for magazine mailing and oversee mailing process with mailing serviceArrange for photography for newsworthy DCG eventsProvide quality assurance for all materials distributed from Dean’s Office to represent DCG to internal and external constituentsMonitor AU/DCG brand and logo usage to ensure conformity to guidelines, disseminating various logos for use to DCG departments and organizations and aiding DCM in approval of usageTrack all newsworthy items for media relations purposes and channel for proper handling; work with Media Relations specialist to coordinate news coverage of such itemsMeet with Media Relations and/or Marketing personnel and DCG Dean monthlyCreate, write, and/or edit bi-weekly internal e-mail newsletters from the Dean’s Office to the DCG and periodic internal e-mail newsletters for staff focus from the EEC CommitteeDevelop other internal and external communications pieces for release via e-mail and print to DCG staff, faculty, students and to other various entities, as relevantDetermine advertising needs for DCG, working with Marketing for design and placement of ads in Augusta Magazine and other local and national publications as desired, coordinating advertisements with DCG Dental AssociatesCreate, review and/or edit presentations in PowerPoint for various conferences, symposiums, meetings (e.g., State of the College address, faculty meetings, community presentations, Dean’s conferences, accreditation), etc. as directed by DeanCreate other various internal and external publications for the DCG such as brochures, flyers, posters, holiday cards, announcement cards, etc. for dinners, receptions, new faculty, retirements and other special events sponsored or directed by Dean’s OfficeManage team of web content editors for DCG as well as maintaining content of web pages for DCG administrative areasInteract with campus Web Content department to post updated content to various campus web pagesConduct research as needed for various projects, publications, presentationsSocial Media: Maintain social media presence through DCG’s facebook page. Write content and post on a regular basis interesting and entertaining topics/visuals to keep DCG constituents engaged. Monitor other social media platforms for newsworthy content.
- Faculty, staff, and resident appreciation eventsRetiring faculty and staff receptionsAlumni Weekend/Homecoming and graduation-related events, dinners, etc.DCG holiday luncheons and holiday card preparation/mailingDinner events at the Dean’s home and other locations for special occasions sponsored by DCG DeanManage catering and other vendors for various DCG meetings and functions, as well as provide coordination to other campus organizations holding functions within the DCG from time to timePlan/manage various other lunches/functions for Dean’s Office or Dental Administration areaChair the Employee Engagement Committee to plan 4 staff appreciation events annually along with recruiting new members for the committee as appropriateManage Employee of the Month programSpecial ProjectsPartner with various campus offices on high-level projects for AU, such as Diversity Summit and AU Day of Service, representing DCG at meetings, coordination and planning eventsWork with University Advancement on various campus initiatives; assist at various AU campus events as representative of DCG/Dean’s OfficeRepresent DCG on campus committees, as appropriate
- Manage information of a high-level, critical and/or confidential nature pertaining to faculty, staff, programs and projects for Dean’s Office/DCGServe as liaison for DCG/Dean’s Office with faculty, staff, campus departments, Board of Regents officials, legislative representatives and outside organizations, as necessary
- All other duties as assigned
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are important. Ability to create presentations of materials to communicate a message. Proficiency in proofreading and editing materials with a very high level of accuracy.Excellent interpersonal skills; Ability to effectively interact with a variety of people, including faculty, deans and staff across campus, as well as external callers and visitors to the DCG.Proficient computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Adobe and Outlook; Ability to learn additional software programs as needed.Ability to work evenings and/or weekends when necessary. Professional, executive dress and demeanor required to represent DCG.