Job Title: Research Manager
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 226478
Master's degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum of five years' progressive grant management, resources management and quality assurance program development experience; or major coursework completed on a Ph.D. in a related scientific field with two years of progressive grant management, resources management and quality assurance program development experience.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum of eight years' progressive grant management, resources management and quality assurance program development experience.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Ability to work independently with only general supervision
Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
Detail-oriented with strong organizational and prioritization skills
Ability to maintain confidentiality, complete work and meet deadlines
Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databasesResponsibilities Performs advanced administrative and financial management in support of oncology clinical research trials. Manages all aspects of industry sponsored budget and contract negotiation. The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinates and manages all pre-award financial activities associated with oncology industry sponsored clinical research studies/trials. Reviews protocols and contractual agreements, provides coverage analysis, communicates regularly with Industry Sponsor/CRO, Principal Investigator, research team, DSPA, OnCore office, and all other external and internal entitles involved in the budget and contract preparation and execution.
- Completes budgetary analysis of new cancer center clinics I trials and existing clinical trials to include cost percentage increases over the life of the clinical trials to compensate for rate increases.
- Performs financial management activities associated with the ongoing management of current clinical research protocols, including, but not limited to, review and negotiating budget amendments.
- Acts as a liaison between clinical trial sponsors (or contract research organizations), clinical investigators, and coordinates efforts towards the start-up and ongoing conduction of clinical trial. Provide subject matter expertise on research financial matters to department managers, directors, and senior management.
- Performs quality control financial audits on oncology clinics I trial budgets to ensure Medicare compliance.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Pay Grade: R16
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position
Recruitment Period: Until FilledConditions of Employment All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University.Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success."
Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.