Job Title: Research Manager
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 226475
Master's degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum of five years' progressive grant management, resources management and quality assurance program development experience; or major coursework completed on a Ph.D. in a related scientific field with two years of progressive grant management, resources management and quality assurance program development experience.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum of eight years' progressive grant management, resources management and quality assurance program development experience.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Ability to work independently with only general supervision
Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
Detail-oriented with strong organizational and prioritization skills
Ability to maintain confidentiality, complete work and meet deadlines
Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databasesResponsibilities This position performs a variety of complex duties involved in a clinical research study setting in support of research initiatives; develops and evaluates new procedures. Assist Regulatory manager in regulatory management as well as collecting and managing accrual data; preparation of IRB submissions and other IRB related activities. The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Accurately enter, transmit, retrieve and manage research study data. Transmit data accurately and timely to the sponsor. Handle all research study data in accordance with HIPPA and all other applicable regulations, policies and procedures.
- Performs regulatory activities associated with the ongoing management of current clinical research protocols, including, but not limited to, protocol amendments, financial disclosure, protocol deviations, protocol departures, adverse events.
- Maintain regulatory binders and documents for all protocols in support of the research teams’ clinical trials. Assist with maintaining IND safety reports per guidelines. Maintain sufficient inventory materials, supplies, and equipment.
- Provides regulatory support to Cancer Center clinical investigators and clinical staff.
- Performs quality control regulatory inspections of cancer center clinical trials to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Acts as a liaison between clinical trials, preparation of study budget documents, and ongoing fiscal management of clinical trials.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Pay Grade: R16
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position
Recruitment Period: Until FilledConditions of Employment All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University.Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success."
Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.