Senior Research Associate
Job Title: Senior Research Associate
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 226426
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, cell biology or other natural, life, health care or materials science directly related to the research area to which the position is assigned with a minimum of five years' research and/or clinical experience; previous supervisory experience.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Ability to work independently with only general supervision
Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
Detail-oriented with strong organizational and prioritization skills
Ability to maintain confidentiality, complete work and meet deadlines
Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databasesResponsibilities This position provides general overall management of the Biorepository; organizes the staff for acquisition, registration, deidentification, storage, tracking and distribution of samples; and implements and monitors SOPs for these activities. The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Organizes staff in acquiring, registering, de-identifying, storing, tracking and re-distributing biospecimens (blood, tumors or other tissues and their derivative products) to faculty investigators who conduct IRB approved cancer research.
- Maintains accurate records of Biorepository holdings with periodic analysis of inventory.
- Interact, train and assist external BRAG-Onc member sites with consent, procurement, and shipment of samples to AU.
- Oversee the collection of clinical information and its entry into appropriate databases. Maintain patient confidentiality and act as the honest broker for the Biorepository IRB.
- Billing, budgeting, reagent ordering, equipment maintenance and general lab maintenance.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.