Adjunct (Cybersecurity)Position Number:
The Department of Computer Science at Angelo State University invites applications for part-time adjunct positions to begin August 2021 or later. Angelo State University is an Hispanic Serving Institution and member of the Texas Tech University System. The department offers BS and MS degree programs in Computer Science as well as minors in Computer Science and Cybersecurity Systems. The University was recently awarded a grant from the National Security Agency to develop cybersecurity degree programs. For more information please check the department web site at: http://cs.angelo.edu.Typical Duties/Job Duties:
- Teaching undergraduate and graduate Cybersecurity courses, online or face to face.
- Support a robust and dynamic environment for student learning.
- Provide quality educational experiences in Cybersecurity for majors and non-majors.
- Active participation and collaboration with the department to enhance a robust Cybersecurity curriculum based upon industry standards.
- Knowledge of or background in teaching courses in cybersecurity.
- Knowledge of and commitment to a student-centered environment,
- Knowledge of effective teaching strategies,
- Skill in teaching,
- Skill in creating active, innovative student learning environments,
- Skill in applying technology to improve student learning,
- Ability to teach online and face to face,
- Ability to create environments conducive to the academic success of women, Hispanic, and other underrepresented student groups.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Ability to plan, organize, and coordinate workload.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
- PhD in Computer Science or closely related field.Preferred Qualifications:
Strong preference will be given to candidates who have:
- Experience in teaching undergraduate and graduate courses in computer science and/or cybersecurity, specifically in one or more of the following areas: operating systems, network security, cybersecurity frameworks and techniques, software security, digital forensics, cloud security, mobile security, device security, artificial intelligence in cybersecurity,
- Experience in new cybersecurity course development,
- Experience in graduate teaching and research, and experience in advising graduate students,
- Record of research publications.
Angelo State University is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting and ensuring equal employment opportunity for all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Angelo State University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to ensure equal access to employment opportunities for qualified individuals with disabilities. We are committed to ensuring that a qualified individual with a disability has the same rights and privileges in employment as non-disabled employees. If an accommodation is requested for the job application process, please contact our office at (325) 942-2168 or email us at [email protected].Posting Number:
04/26/2021Desired Start Date:
08/16/2021Review Start Date:
05/17/2021Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit the following:
1. In the Cover Letter (2 pages maximum), applicants should summarize their experience in cybersecurity education or related work.
2. In the Curriculum Vitae, applicants should include all relevant teaching, research, service and industrial experience, along with a complete list of publications.
3. In the Teaching Statement document (3 pages maximum), applicants should present their previous undergraduate and graduate teaching and advising experience, and how they would create active and innovative student learning environments.
4. In the Other Document (3 pages maximum), applicants should present a Research Statement document (if any), where applicant’s current research experience and future research plans are discussed.