Administrative Program Support 2
Search #: 495224
Work type: Full-time
Location: Storrs Campus
Categories: Administrative Services
The Office of the Bursar is seeking applications for the position of Administrative Program Support 2. Under the supervision of the Client Services Manager, the Administrative Program Support 2 will be primarily responsible for developing, coordinating and delivering training and outreach programs for the Client Service Center (CSC) that are designed to communicate new information, updates and/or alerts for the University community. This position serves as the Bursar’s Office main point of contact for marketing and informational/orientation materials and is responsible for organizing and participating in all training activities and outreach events that occur at the Storrs campus, regional campuses as well as for Bursar Office staff.
The incumbent in this position will work closely with other departments to provide telephone, live chat, and email support to customers who contact the Office of the Bursar concerning billing, disbursements, collections and other student services issues; develop procedures for financial transactions; have responsibility for maintaining up-to-date knowledge of University policies and State regulations governing financial transactions for tuition, fees and refunds; and utilize computerized systems and applications to daily performance of job duties.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides telephone, live chat, and email support to customers who contact the Office of the Bursar concerning billing, disbursements, collections and other student services issues; resolves, researches, and follows-up on inquiries
- Posts and reverses transactions on student accounts, including but not limited to, short term loans, private scholarship deferments, and payment plan fees.
- Heads the Late Fee Appeal Committee and oversees returned e-check holds.
- Plans, develops and coordinates all aspects of the CSC training and outreach programs, including training execution and instruction for Storrs campus and regional campuses (interdepartmental as well as Bursar staff) as related to billing, disbursements, and other student services issues.
- Serves as the Office of the Bursar’s first point of contact for marketing and orientation materials used at New Student and Parent Orientation sessions. Presents at orientation events and ensures Bursar staff participation in such events.
- Oversees the maintenance of the Bursar website, including but not limited to, tuition and fee publication, documents for web, online forms, FAQs, policies and procedures, and audits of outdated content.
- Counsels students and parents on best courses of action for the benefit of both the customer and the University. Refers difficult problems or unique issues to supervisor for guidance.
- Fields questions related to Tax Form 1098-T and the TIN solicitation via email and telephone.
- Fosters and maintains collaborative relations with internal/external student services partners to include Financial Aid, Registrar’s Office, and Admissions.
- Prepares and submits reports as requested.
- Maintains and updates resource materials and documentation
- Develops and provides assistance in developing responses to customer inquiries as well as communications to internal and external parties; prepares information for website, outreach, and promotional materials
- Performs related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Communications or related field
- One to three years of related experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for the degree and years requirement.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with staff, administrators and individual groups including the public.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability in written and verbal communications.
- Prior experience presenting to groups.
- Experience dealing with customer clients and providing high quality customer service.
- Dependable transportation and willingness and ability to travel to other campus locations as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Communications or related field.
- Four to five years of related experience.
- Knowledge of KFS, PeopleSoft, WordPress, and Microsoft Office products.
- Experience developing and maintaining web pages and converting documents into HTML or other programming language.
- Prior call center experience.
- Previous experience in a university or college setting.
This is a permanent full-time position. Salary will be commensurate with training and experience. Occasional travel to other campus locations is required.TO APPLYPlease apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #495224 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on May 18, 2021.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Apr 27 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: May 11 2021 Eastern Daylight Time