Vice President for Enrollment Management
Lasell University, in Newton, Massachusetts, seeks a collaborative, strategic and forward-thinking Vice President for Enrollment Management to join their Senior Management Team. The Vice President for Enrollment Management (VPEM) provides forward-thinking leadership for the division that accounts for the majority of the revenue of Lasell University, and specifically oversees undergraduate admissions, student financial planning for undergraduate and graduate students, athletics, marketing and communications. The VPEM reports to the President and collaborates with members of the senior management team in making decisions and providing leadership on all aspects of the University’s operations. The vice president also shares leadership responsibility for instilling intercultural competence and equity throughout the structure and operations of the University.
Qualifications, Abilities, and Characteristics
The successful candidate should have significant proven experience in a senior leadership role in higher education. A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required; and an advanced degree is strongly preferred, with at least 10 years relevant experience in admissions, financial aid and/or recruitment in higher education. In addition, candidates for this position should demonstrate the following characteristics, skills, abilities and understanding:
- Ability to build, manage and lead a staff that is diverse in all ways, including race, sexual orientation, socioeconomic class, age, gender, gender identity, and gender expression (Multilingual ability would be an enhancement).
- Knowledge of specific rules, regulations and compliance issues related to financial aid and NCAA Division III athletics.
- Understanding of the evolving nature of incoming students and of the complexities between traditional and new ways of educating contemporary student populations.
- Resilience and flexibility to adjust quickly to changing circumstances and to work in harmony with all members of the Lasell community.
- A willingness to approach life and work with a sense of humor, confidence, initiative, and flexibility.
- Ability to listen with an open mind and carefully consider the viewpoints of others.
- An action-oriented approach and willingness to take risks; the ability to be persuasive, build consensus, and influence others to achieve goals.
- A multi-sided perspective on the work of the division -- able to consider things from a traditional, philosophical educational angle while also take a view that is practical, entrepreneurial, and business-oriented.
- Hard working, team oriented and positive community member who believes no job is too small.
To see the entire position announcement please visit our website: https://napiersearch.com/lasell-vpem/
Napier Executive Search is assisting Lasell University with the search for the Vice President for Enrollment Management. To arrange for a confidential conversation or to nominate a candidate, please contact Laura Robinson ([email protected]), Catherine Capolupo ([email protected]) or Mary Napier ([email protected]).
Candidates who wish to apply should submit their credentials including: 1) a resume, 2) a detailed letter outlining interest specifically in the opportunity at Lasell University as outlined in this prospectus, and 3) contact information for three professional references. All materials may be sent via email to [email protected] by May 25, 2021 for best consideration. Credentials will be reviewed upon receipt and the search will continue until the position is filled. All applications and nominations will be considered confidential, and notice will be given before references are contacted.
Lasell University is committed to equal opportunity in every aspect of hiring and employment. Lasell proactively reviews its policies and practices to assure that decisions with respect to every dimension of employment are made without regard to age, color of skin, disability, gender expression and identity, genetic predisposition, marital status, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, status as a victim of domestic violence, and all other protected groups and classes under Federal and State Laws and executive orders.