Job descriptionJob no: 702895
Work type: Support Staff
Pay Grade: 00
Major Administrative Unit / College: President
Department: Department Of Police And Public Safety 10070690
Sub Area: OTEE- Other EE
Salary: Pay Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Position Summary(Basic Job Function)
This is a temporary or on-call position. Provides support for concerts, sporting events, outdoor functions and related University special events. Duties may include working at an assigned station in a concession stand; preparing and dispensing refreshments; transporting, maintaining and arranging supplies, equipment and materials; operating a cash drawer; assisting with parking enforcement; acting as an event usher; and similar event related responsibilities. Term: Temps can work two (2) nine (9) month terms with a week break in service in between at the end of the second term terminate for three (3) months or switch to an on-call. On-Call allowed to work 1039 hours in any twelve (12) month period.Unit Position Summary
- Perform regular rounds around the complex.
- Monitor secured areas.
- Provide leadership and direction in emergencies and assist emergency personnel as needed during emergencies.
- Report crimes in progress and make contact with police when needed.
- Monitor the facility for prohibited items.
- These are part time positions with only night time hours available. Positions are for approximately 8-15 hours per week and include mostly weekend hours.
- Please contact Officer Melissa Congleton for additional information or an application
- Currently hiring for overnight hours, specifically Saturday and Sunday nights.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of Security experience do you have?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Successful applicants must have plans to be able to work in this job capacity for a minimum of one year.
- Applicants must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Applicants must display a high standard of ethical conduct.
- Applicants must be able to work flexible hours, including nighttime and holidays.
- Applicants must be able to stand or walk for an entire shift.
- Applicants must possess the ability to handle export controlled materials.
- Applicants must possess a valid CPR Certification, or be able to pass the certification test given by the Red Cross. Applicants must also be certifiable in Blood Borne Pathogens and pass radiation safety worker training.
- Applicants must be able to pass radiation safety worker training.
- Applicants must pass an intensive background investigation. People with a criminal history, unpaid parking tickets and the like should not apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.Work Hours
Advertised: Apr 26, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: May 7, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time