Data Management Analyst III
Job no: 516489
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Administrative/Professional, Information Systems/Technology
Department:29080100 - MD-PATHOLOGY-GENERAL
Data Management Analyst IIIJob Description:
The Department of Pathology, Immunology and Laboratory Medicine is seeking a candidate to work closely with the University of Florida Diabetes Institute (UFDI) on components of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) large scale project known as the Human BioMolecular Atlas Program (HuBMAP) as well as the Network for Pancreatic Organ Donors with Diabetes (nPOD) and Helmsley Charitable Trust (HCT) immunology initiatives.
The incumbent in this position will be responsible for:
- Data warehousing, management, and creating analysis pipelines.
- Design and manage data systems in collaboration with a network of HuBMAP and nPOD-affiliated laboratories.
- Interface with several genomics and tissue-image data platforms to ensure accurate processing and reporting of sequencing, imaging, and other multivariate datasets.
- May oversee statistical analyses conducted by post-docs, graduate student research assistants, and other staff.
- Communication of complex data and analyses to lay and academic audiences, in meetings and presentations, and in written reports is required. Contributions to scientific reports, conference papers, and journal articles is expected.
- Design and manage data file systems from multiple research projects that include multiple data sets using a variety of database and statistical software tools and platforms for the purpose of computational algorithm development and computational modeling for high parameter gene sequencing, cell receptor, and tissue imaging analysis. Optimize transformation and transfer of data between projects and platforms. Provide expertise and communicate recommendations on data structures and appropriate use to project leadership. Interact effectively with internal and external data sharing partners.
- Conduct bioinformatic data analyses. Write statistical programming code with R, Python, C++, Unix, SQL and other languages as required by the consortium initiatives. Participate in interpretation of results. Provide statistical expertise to project leadership, students, and other research staff.
- Validation and storage of scRNAseq, scATACseq, TCR repertoire, light sheet microscopy, high parameter imaging analysis, and high parameter flow cytometry from their respective instrument platforms.
- Enhance data summary and reporting using various analysis tools and methods including machine learning, neural network, AI, in developing analytical tools. Suggest best practices for data and design improvements. Assist project leadership in representing information through data visualization and appropriate summarization.
- Participate in design, implementation, and reporting of research and evaluation studies. Contributions to scientific reports, conference papers and journal articles are expected, including documentation of method, presentation of data, and participation in interpretation of results.
- Interface with UF Hipergator and other collaborative platforms for storage and processing of various types of collected data.
$83,000 - $93,000 annual salary; commensurate with education and experienceMinimum Requirements:
Master’s degree in an appropriate area; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience.
- Proficiency with statistics commonly applied in bioinformatic, biostatistical, and biomedical research
- Experience in communicating complex data and analyses to lay or academic partners, in project development and reporting
- Ability to work independently, with initiative, manage time and work with minimal supervision to analyze problems and take appropriate action to complete projects
- Experience in analyzing gene expression, cell and tissue imaging, and other molecular biology datasets
- Diverse skills in data management, programming, and statistical methods; ability and experience working with a number of software packages (e.g., R, Matlab, PyMOL, etc.)
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
The University of Florida is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
This is a time limited position.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: 27 Apr 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 11 May 2021 Eastern Daylight Time