Veterinary OR Surgical Technician I- Sterile Supply (CARE)
Job no: 516494
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Agriculture/Life Science/Vet Medicine
Department:28311105 - VM-OPERATING ROOM SERVICES
Veterinary OR Surgical Technician I- Sterile Supply (CARE)Job Description:
The Sterile Supply/Surgical Nurse is responsible for maintaining and sterilizing instrumentation and equipment needed for surgical procedures. Also responsible for maintaining inventory in the area and disbursing supplies to other services. This person works with internal customers and is the main contact person for the area. This person will also be required to work in the operating room on occasion, setting up cases and assisting surgeons.
The responsibilities and functions of the job include but not limited to:
- keeping Sterile Supply and adjacent areas cleaned. This includes sweeping, mopping, dusting and cleaning stainless steel.
- Exhibit excellent customer relation skills in interacting with clinicians, staff, students and other customers and uses effective communication skills.
- Maintains daily records of equipment operations, maintains inventory records for instruments and supplies and checks/restock supplies as necessary.
- Cleans, prepares, wraps, labels and sterilizes surgical packs and equipment.
- Detail oriented and ability to recognize instruments and equipment that are not functioning properly and initiates repairs.
- Operates and maintains EO Gas and steam sterilizers, gas aerator, ultrasonic cleaner, instrument washers, heat sealers and any other mechanical, electronic and surgical equipment.
- Distributes sterile equipment and supplies to the operating rooms.
This position would normally be scheduled Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 6:00 pm, but would require an 8:00 am to 5:00 pm in beginning for training.
This individual must be able to maintain an effective working relationship with clinicians, coworkers, students and clients. Able to maintain a positive attitude at work, willingly accepts constructive criticism, will not engage in public derogatory discussions regarding coworkers, referring veterinarians, clinicians or students. Must be able to lift a minimum of fifty pounds, bend, kneel, pull, push, twist and stand for extended periods of time.Expected Salary:
Starting salary is $15.00 to $17.00 per hour, commensurate with experience.Minimum Requirements:
Veterinary OR Surgical Technician I:
High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of surgical instruments and medical terminology.
- Knowledge of sterile technique and decontamination procedures.
- Ability to pay attention to detail, keep accurate records and make decisions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships.
- A high school diploma and 2 years of appropriate experience.
In order to be considered, you must upload your resume and list of references.
This is a CARE position offering limited benefits, including health insurance and paid time off.
This position is considered essential personnel.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.Health Assessment Required:
Must be able to life a minimum of 50 pounds, bend, kneel, pull, push, twist and stand for extended periods of time.
Advertised: 27 Apr 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 10 May 2021 Eastern Daylight Time