Post- Award Research Administrator II
Job no: 516480
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Administrative/Professional, Other
Department:18010000 - ED-DN OFFICE
Research Administrator IIJob Description:
Processes, reviews, and approves transactions in the Shared Services Center
- Responsible for monitoring, reviewing, and approving transactions submitted in myUFL. Processes more complex transactions in myUFL; and may approve and/or reconcile other various transactions in myUFL.
- Takes an active leadership role in identifying appropriate methods for resolving department needs.
- Responsible for post-award accounting of grants and contracts. Manage a complex portfolio within the Post Award office.
- Reads and interprets contracts and other award documents to determine budget, invoicing schedule, restrictions and other pertinent information.
- Analyzes expenses, develops cost projections, and provides financial tracking and fiscal control to fulfill reporting requirements.
Maintains effective business relationships with college and university core offices
- Work closely with the PIs and serves as the point of contact for the post-award supervisor regarding the complex portfolio.
- Assist new PIs with the UFirst system and the rules and regulations of the post-award office.
- Reviews project commitments and assist with online Effort Reporting reports each semester. Works directly with faculty members to resolve problems.
- Serves as liaison between the unit and Human Resource Services, Academic Personnel, Payroll, Purchasing Services, Disbursement Services or General Accounting.
- Provides technical assistance to PIs, research administrators and the director.
- Interacts with sponsors and staff to resolve problems and correct errors in fund management.
Confer with investigators and campus administrators to ensure that changes or corrections are made as needed
- Process and analyze fiscal transactions
- Reviews and prepares all voucher and journal entries for accuracy.
- Provides support in the analysis and reconciliation of Pcard charges.
- Processes and provides oversight for travel authorization and expense reports.
- Processes invoices and provides Principal Investigator with reports of grants and contracts to ensure expenses are being paid according to contract.
Process Analysis and Account Reconciliations
- On a monthly basis, reviews, analyzes, and reconciles grant accounts.
- Reviews expenditures, balances, and transactional detail.
- Monitors and reviews all processes and initiates modifications as appropriate.
- Researches operational problems and errors and recommends/implements solutions in a timely manner.
- Actively addresses issues and presents customer feedback to Shared Services Center team.
- Works with SSC team members to keep abreast of regulatory, compliance, process, enterprise system upgrades and technology changes.
- Interprets UF policies, procedures, and regulations; and college policies relating to fiscal and human resources transactions.
Other duties as assignedExpected Salary:
$45,000 -$55,000 Compensation is commensurate with education and experienceMinimum Requirements:
Bachelor's degree and two years of experience in grant and contract administration; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- Must possess critical thinking skills.
- Knowledge of myUFL as it relates to human resource transactions, payroll, travel, grants, all fiscal functions, account reconciliations and monthly budgetary reporting.
- Must understand and practice excellent customer service
- Must possess a professional attitude which is conveyed in all interactions, communications and appearance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to organize, manage, and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Excellent judgment and decision-making ability
- Must be able to work independently with demonstrated problem-solving skills and attention to details.
- Must have knowledge of and experience with university and state regulations regarding fiscal, budget, grants and human resources matters.
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
This is a time-limited position.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: 27 Apr 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 10 May 2021 Eastern Daylight Time