Administrative Support Assistant II
Job no: 516477
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Department:29290100 - MD-EMERGENCY MED-AED
Administrative Support Assistant IIJob Description:
This position provides support to the Chair, Director, and Administrative Services Specialist II for the Department of Emergency Medicine. This person must be professional and work well independently.
- Aid the Chair with daily and long-term organizational demands by assisting with their schedules, phone calls, meetings, travel, etc. Must be able to trouble shoot and make adjustments rapidly.
- Prepare minutes for the department faculty meeting. Provide set up of technology as needed such as zoom, laptops, projectors, etc. Order food for monthly Faculty meeting for in person meetings from provided budget; must decide/choose food and stay within budget.
Human Resources processing
- Faculty evaluations - Assist the Administrative Specialist II and Chair with the faculty evaluation process. Collect internal student and resident evaluations, faculty meeting attendance, Equal access attendance from the respective staff. Assist Admin. Spec., II to prepare draft letters of evaluation for chair and ensures all pertinent information is included in letters. Coordinates the scheduling of each evaluation meeting between the chair and faculty.
- Promotion and Tenure - Assist Administrative Specialist II and Faculty Development Director with the Tenure and Promotion process. prepares correspondence requesting reviewers, internal and external, of packets, tracks receipt of letters. Assist with scheduling appropriate meetings for departmental review, voting, etc. Assist with coordination of review of the packets with the Emergency Medicine committee and ensures copies are provided as appropriate for the College Tenure and Promotion Committee.
- Immigration - Aid the Administrative Services Manager with daily processing of Faculty, TEAMS and OPS hires, renewal of visas and preparing approval paperwork, Exchange Visitors, Volunteers.
- Ordering of scrubs, lab coats, fobs, Gator 1 badge and overlays, signage requests, business cards, Outlook email accounts, etc., as well as other HR processing needs.
- Serve as the department back up security administrator and back up custodian for the electronic shared server.
- Assist the Payroll processor – by making time/leave adjustments in time and labor for employees, confirm employees have entered time and leave correctly for the payroll approver to review and approve.
Administrative – CME’s, licenses, certifications
- Responsible for compilation of the ATLS accreditation manual including, DEA certificates, ATLS certifications, Board certificates and Trauma CME’s for all physicians working in the Trauma center.
- Responsible for compilation and maintenance of all required faculty CME’s or related certifications such as ACLS, PALS, etc. and expiration dates.
- Assists the Administrative Specialist, II with compilation and maintenance of all required Faculty license reports, DEA and ad-hoc reports or duties as needed.
- Serve as the liaison between the department and IT department. Assists with IT requests for special requests, work orders, project requests, access management, etc.
Other duties, as needed to fulfill the mission and to abide by the values of the College of Medicine.Expected Salary:
$33,800 - $38,850; Commensurate with experienceMinimum Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent and four years of relevant experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills and attention to detail
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work-load to ensure deadlines are met
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft
- Ability to develop and maintain records, files, and other materials
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with others
- Should be comfortable with fast paced work environment, capable of managing several assignments simultaneously and taking direction from multiple individuals
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively as appropriate per specific assignments
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
The University of Florida is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
This is a time limited position.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: 27 Apr 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 13 May 2021 Eastern Daylight Time