Adjunct Counselor- 1 Year Part-time Position (20-28 Hours Weekly)
Adjunct Counselor- 1 Year Part-time Position (20-28 Hours Weekly)Tracking Code431-262 Job Description
Muskegon Community College, an associate degree-granting institution of higher education, is a center for lifelong learning which provides a person the opportunity to attain their educational goals by offering programs that respond to individual, community, and global needs. We are seeking qualified candidates for part-time Adjunct Counseling Instructors.
Part- Time One (1) Year Adjunct Position
Please attach unofficial transcripts when applying.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: MAY 23, 2021
- Master’s Degree in Counseling, Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) or Limited Licensed Professional Counselor (LLPC) in Michigan.
- Experience as a counselor in an academic setting.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations, representing a wide range of abilities, ages, nationalities, cultures, and socio-economic statuses.
- Willingness to work a varied schedule.
- Commitment to student success and the comprehensive community college concept.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to access and use electronic resources including email, the Internet, and the college’s integrated database record keeping system.
- Provide academic advising and educational, career, and personal counseling services to current and prospective students.
- Provide guidance, support, feedback, and information to students as they choose and progress toward educational and career goals.
- Recommend and provide interpretation of tests for purposes of placement in college courses and career decision making.
- Communicate with representatives from four-year colleges, high schools, and career technical centers to enhance counseling/advising to students.
- Provide referrals to community agencies and resources when necessary.
- Consult with faculty, administration, and staff; serve as a liaison with assigned departments.
- Maintain appropriate records.
- Facilitate student development group work.
- Participate in appropriate College activities, committees etc.
- Establish and promote an effective learning environment that maximize documented student learning.
- Prepare, submit and maintain reports related to student appointments/progress.
- Provide educational assistance to students during scheduled and posted times (i.e., office hours) or by appointment.
- Maintain levels of professional knowledge and expertise.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical, Mental, and Environment Requirements Include:
☒ Detailed Work
☒ Student Contact
☒ Deadline oriented
☒ Problem Situations
☒ Multiple Priorities & Demands
☒ Emergency Situations
☐ On-call Availability
☒ Continual Interruptions
☒ Working Alone
☒ Faculty Contact
☒ Working with Others
☐ Standing & Walking
☐ Lifting up to 10 lbs. ☒ Up to 25 lbs. ☐ Up to 50 lbs. ☐ 80 + lbs.
☐ Pushing, Pulling, Twisting, Bending
☐ Climb or Balance
☐ Stoop, Kneel, Crouch, or Crawl
☐ Handle or Feel
☐ Reach with Hands and Arms
☒ Talking or hearing
☐ Working Overhead
☒ Speak in English via Phone or In Person
☒ Close, Distance, Peripheral, and Color Vision along with Depth Perceptions
☒ Ability to Adjust and Focus
☐ Exposure to wet, humid conditions (non-weather), fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme heat/cold; and moderate to loud noise levels.
☒ Normal Office environment with little, if, any, discomfort due to heat, dust, noise and the like. Ability to travel to all campus locations required
Job Location Muskegon, Michigan, United StatesPosition TypePart-Time