Subject Matter Expert
Job location: Remote
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2021-04-27
Under the direction of the Executive Director of CCSI, the Subject Matter Expert (SME) will develop course(s) for specific school/department/program. The SME will fulfill deadlines and requirements set by the Executive Director, CCSI. The SME will adhere to departmental deadlines and policies in developing course(s) guidelines.
This position can be local or remote, and reports directly to the Executive Director of CCSI.
- Cite all published materials including free courseware to avoid plagiarism
- Since each course is a “stand-alone” ensure appropriate definition of terms and assume no previous knowledge
- Plan no more than 10-12 students’ hours of work each week (hours include reading, written assignments, quizzes, and discussion posts)
- Maintain an “applied” tone to the course so that students’ learning objectives illustrate what they will “do,” and readings and exercises support the objectives
- Meet all development milestones or renegotiate with the Executive Director
- Following first time roll-out, with Instructional Designer in course re-design to ensure continuous improvement
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Good time management skills
- Effective written communication skills
- Ability to convey complex topics in one’s subject-matter to others
- Develop coursework to promote in-depth engagement in course topics
- Possess knowledge of adult learning theory.
- Passionate about higher education and dedicated to student success.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Maintain a professional demeanor
- Strong organizational skills
- Master’s degree required
- Doctorate degree preferred
- Strong computer skills including: Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc.
- Must be able to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Ability to work both independently and on a team.
- Number of exempt employees this position supervises: 0
- Number of non-exempt employees this position supervises: 0
- Minimal to moderate
- Item: N/A
- $ Per Year: 0
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL BUSINESS CONTACTS:
- Peers, co-workers
- Communication, disseminating information
- Communication, disseminating information
- Computer/keyboard; telephone w/headset; calculator; copier/scanner; stapler.
- Percent of time driving/travel is required: 0%
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Indoor/office; temperature about 70 degrees.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (based on a typical week):
C = Constant(over 66% of time)
F =Frequent(34%-66% of time)
O = Occasional(1%-33% of time)
- Lifting/carrying under 10 lbs. – O
- Lifting/carrying 11 - 20 lbs. – O
- Pushing/pulling under 10 lbs. – O
- Reaching outward – O
- Sitting – C
- Standing – O
- Bending – O
- Walking on normal surfaces – F
- Typing/keyboarding/ten-key – C
- Fine handling/grasping – O
- Repetitive motion (hands) – O
Pacific Oaks offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of diversity and social justice. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical, vision, and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, 403b with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition discount, and other perks.
Pacific Oaks is an affiliate of TCS Education System. To apply for this position or others, visit our Careers’ Page at: www.pacificoaks.edu
Pacific Oaks participates in E-Verify and verifies identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Pacific Oaks offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, source of income or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.