Assistant Athletic Director, Creative Services
Job Identification: 90
Locations: , , , ,
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: Marketing, Comm & Ext Affairs
At DePaul University, we are looking for candidates who want to join us in our mission to provide access to education for all. Successful candidates welcome ideas and perspectives from colleagues and students representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, religious beliefs, and experiences. We seek collaborative, open-minded, and hard-working professionals to work in a real-world urban learning environment. Are you exceptional, yet modest and open to challenges? We seek achievers and leaders that want to bring their passion and skills to our well-respected community of approachable colleagues. Build your career with us.
In accordance with the mission of the Department of Athletics, this position serves as the Assistant Athletic Director of Creative Services for the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics within the guidelines of the NCAA, the BIG EAST Conference, and DePaul University.
We are seeking a department leader who specializes in visual storytelling with expertise in Graphic Design, Video Production, and Photography. The graphic design element is the key driver of this area as it influences the other responsibilities of this position. The Assistant AD works within the Brand Strategy and Integrated Marketing team to deliver on a clearly defined brand identity for advertising across DePaul Athletics business units: Marketing, Ticketing, Athletics Communications, and Advancement.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Leverage a proficient understanding of visual design principles, techniques, and best practices to deliver on-brand creative executions.
- Produce strong, industry-leading digital and traditional creative.
- Re-interpret and/or develop new design elements for multiple advertising mediums (e.g. Out-Of-Home, TV, radio, digital and social media).
- Ongoing communication with the marketing team leader to evaluate project needs and raise any issues that may impact quality, timing, and budget and offer possible solutions.
- Interpret feedback and make necessary adjustments to creativity in order to strategically align with performance and business-level goals.
- Actively build a creative content library.
- Research and review illustrations, photos, stock, sound, music, and archives to match the campaign's overall look/feel and inspire new concepts.
- Knowledge of and adherence to all NCAA rules, policies, and procedures.
- Attend and participate in monthly NCAA rules compliance education meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree.
- 4+ years experience leading creative ideation and execution against marketing campaigns and brand development.
- Marketing experience at the professional or NCAA Division I level.
- Recruit, train, and supervise 1 or more graduate or undergraduate student workers.
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.