Event & Conference Services Coordinator
Event & Conference Services Coordinator
St. Edward's University of Austin, Texas invites applications for the position of Event & Conference Services (E&CS) Coordinator. This position is responsible for the support and coordination of event scheduling and logistics at St. Edward's University. The E&CS Coordinator ensures proper stewardship of event and conference services spaces and resources and supports the business process and programs within E&CS.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide consultation and support by clearly explaining University Event Policy, helping coordinators navigate various processes and procedures, responding to inquiries, and preparing space rental estimates.
- Follow up on set-up requests as necessary by providing diagrams and reviewing needed equipment to ensure the set-up and resources are appropriate and follow University Event Policy.
- Ensure campus event venues and E&CS resources and inventory such as furniture, electronic signage, and A/V equipment are clean, orderly, well maintained, and operable.
- Troubleshoot technology and equipment issues as necessary and train event coordinators on the use of E&CS resources.
- Process event scheduling requests submitted via 25Live in accordance with the Master Event Calendar and departmental processes. Collaborate with internal and external event coordinators on scheduling issues and event resource needs.
- Request work service from internal and/or contracted labor specialists when necessary. Ensure maintenance work is completed as requested and work through service issues as needed.
- Coordinate and support all facets of summer conference program, working closely with conference groups on scheduling, contracts, housing, and facility access and use.
- Schedule student employees according to event schedule and set-up needs and assist Assistant Director of E&CS with supervision, training, and direction of student staff, development of student employee job descriptions, posting of positions, and reviewing and approving timesheets.
- Maintain departmental records, prepare invoices, process invoices, prepare expense reports, order supplies and equipment, and other administrative duties as assigned.
- Prepare and post information to Workplace, social media channels, and web pages as needed regarding E&CS updates, adjustments to services, upcoming deadlines, et.
- Serve as backup for Assistant Director of E&CS as needed.
For consideration, a high school diploma or the equivalent is required along with three years of general office experience and/or experience in event venue support or event planning/coordination. Experience planning events in a university or non-profit setting is preferred. Other qualifications are as follows:
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills. Demonstrated ability to build and maintain positive relationships.
- Ability to self-start, work independently, problem-solve, take initiative, set priorities and handle multiple projects efficiently and effectively to meet the goals and objectives of Event & Conference Services.
- Flexibility in responding to competing program responsibilities. Ability to make decisions in ambiguous situations and exercise good judgment based on information and analysis in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Computer and technology expertise, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Availability to work flexible hours to accommodate E&CS events, including some nights and weekends.
The University offers an excellent TOTAL REWARDS package!
Medical & Rx Coverage Untitled Healthcare (HSA& FSA Available)
Dental Sun Life Dental
Vision Sun Life Vision Plan
Short Term Disability (STD) Insurance
Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Annual Leave & Paid Sick Leave
Retirement Plan (TIAA) Employee 5%/Employer Match 7%
Services & Discounts
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit an online application at; https://stedwards.applicantpro.com. For full consideration, please submit all application materials:
- A current resume or CV;
- A cover letter addressing the candidate's interest in and qualifications for the position;
- A statement on the candidate's ideas, contributions, and goals for advancing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion while serving in this position; and
- The contact information for three professional references.
For detailed information, please scroll to the bottom of the page to download the job description.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:St. Edward's University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
ABOUT ST. EDWARD'S UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,000 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning, and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at; https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summaryOTHER ITEMS TO KNOW
We are not offering sponsorship at this time.
A criminal history background check is required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
Available:05/31/21Full Job Description St Edwards Universityhttps://stedwards.applicantpro.com