Manager of Total Rewards
Manager of Total Rewards
Towson University (TU) is one of the nation’s top 100 public universities. Located north of Baltimore, TU currently enrolls over 22,000 students and is the second-largest university in the prestigious University System of Maryland. Towson University values diversity and fosters a climate that is grounded in respect and inclusion to cultivate the intellectual and personal growth of the entire university community.
Towson University's Manager of Total Rewards will be responsible for designing and managing the development, implementation, evaluation, and communication of the total rewards program, including pay and benefits. The key focus of this position will be ensuring TU's programs are competitive, sustainable, and administered strategically and timely. This critical position requires a motivated and ambitious leader to lead the university in recruiting, hiring, developing, and rewarding a highly qualified and diverse workforce. The Manager of Total Rewards will also build off the momentum of TU's Market Assessment and Pay Study, implementing recommendations and improvements based on the data and findings.
- Ensure TU's pay structure, practices, policies, and procedures are competitive and applied consistently across the university
- Regularly review and analyze relevant and reliable market pay data to identify trends that might affect the overall market competitiveness
- Regularly review and analyze internal pay data to identify trends that might affect the equity of positions or employee demographics
- Ensure requests for pay adjustments are reviewed and given recommendations on a timely basis
- Assure TU's benefits (particularly health and retirement) are administered timely and accurately according to State of Maryland requirements, as applicable
- Serve as a liaison to the State of Maryland to ensure that faculty and staff issues are resolved promptly
- Regularly assess opportunities to make processes more efficient through automation
- Lead communication efforts for the TU community on issues of pay and benefits, including open enrollment, program changes or updates, and total compensation study summaries
- Ensure communication is done consistently, timely, accurately, and leverages a variety of communication vehicles
- Coordinate and deliver regular information and education sessions regarding pay and benefits for faculty and staff
- Provide direction and guidance to Compensation, Benefits, and HR Specialists to ensure timely and accurate performance of duties and expected levels of customer service to client groups
- Work closely and collaboratively with HR Partners and central HR staff to ensure consistency in pay policy/practice administration and approach
The selected candidate must have a Bachelor's degree and five years of multi-functional HR work experience, including at least three years of experience in pay/compensation. Requirements include:
- Demonstrated knowledge of Human Resources law and practices related to compensation, benefits, employment, employee relations, performance management, and training & development
- Progressive experience in strategic development, collaboration, and integration with managers and key leaders
- Ability to research and analyze data and provide decisions and options on issues of pay and benefits
- Highly effective customer service experience including recognizing and identifying client's needs and providing solutions
- Skilled communicator through one-on-one interactions, group settings, presentations, phone, email, and web conferencing
- Strong commitment to confidentiality
- Master’s degree
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) certification
- SHRM-CP or HRCI-PHR certification
- Experience managing benefit programs
- Experience working in a matrix organization
- Supervisory experience
A Criminal Background Investigation is required for the hired candidate and the results may impact employment.
Salary and Benefits
Competitive salary and full University benefits that include 22 days of annual leave, up to 14 holidays, personal and sick days; excellent health, life, and retirement plans; and tuition remission. To learn more about our benefits, click here.
If you are motivated, innovative, and team-oriented, we would love to hear from you.
For consideration, please submit a cover letter and resume with your online application.
This position will be open for a minimum of 14 days.
To view and apply to current job openings please visit www.towson.edu/jobs.
Office of Human Resources
8000 York Road
Towson University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: [email protected].
Towson University is a smoke-free campus.